Chukka boots today are ankle-high leather boots, that have either leather or suede uppers with a similar sole, and only two or three pairs of eyelets for lacing.
How to Wear Chukka Boots
In overall use, Chukka boots are inherently casual wearing shoes. Granting with the styles available today they can equally be worn as dress shoes, hence they are worn with the right outfit.
Chukka boots idealistically suit both smart casual and business casual outfits, though I would rarely recommend them as formal wearing shoes.
Chukka boots go well with leggings, skinny jeans and even dresses or skirts, worn with a variety of tops in different styles.
Some ideas in outfits to wear along with your Chukka boots are as follows;
- Wear them with a long-sleeve white top and a white down vest with your skinny jeans for a winter option.
- Another great winter choice is with a black trench coat and skinny jeans, along with a top of your choice.
- For a more smart casual look, wear a grey slip dress that has a sheer or chiffon type overlay, for a more feminine look.
- A pair of cuffed jeans, a colorful cropped tee, and a black leather jacket will give you an alternative grunge image.
- More elegant and stylish, wear black skinny jeans, a black leather jacket, and a white button shirt, or t-shirt.
- A black miniskirt and a dark grey short sleeve knit top, with a colorful scarf are ideal for a day in town.
- For some more whimsical fun, you can pair a polka dot shirt with a high waisted skirt, top this off with a colorful cardigan or a denim jacket.
These are only a few of the fantastic style ideas to wear with your Chukka boots.
Are Chukka Boots Comfortable?
There is no denial, Chukka boots are as comfortable as they are versatile.
The Chukka boot features very simplistic details, with soft leather uppers and a leather sole that is an innovative and new design.
They are comfortable and lightweight, ideal for everyday wear, and will complement almost any outfit, whether casual or smart.
Main features of a Chukka Boot
Chukka boots sport many simplistic, yet still comfortable and stylish features;
- A lace-up feature with two or three eyelets, in some cases you may find a slip on variation.
- They are traditionally manufactured from soft and supple calfskin, in either a smooth or suede finish, though today you may also find them in other leathers and similarly synthetic materials.
- The toe box is normally rounded, although I have seen a few models with a pointier toe.
- A Chukka boot consists of two parts only, both manufactured from a single piece of leather.
- The quarters of the boot are sewn on top of the vamp.
- There is an open lacing system most of the time.
Reviews: Top Rated Chukka Boots for Today
Here are some of the best available Chukka boots that you will find, all in different styles and designs, while still holding the original overall idea of a Chukka boot.
A slightly heeled Chukka ankle boot, the Carly keeps the traditional design with a range of color options.
- Available in Taupe, black and brown color options.
- Suede leather uppers that are soft supple, and rich in color.
- A durable and comfortable synthetic sole.
- The slight heel gives this boot a more stylish and elegant feel.
Timberland is a well-known brand when it comes to comfort and durability,, not a brand that you would commonly associate with a Chukka Boot, though the Nellie features many excellent qualities’ in assembly with a Chukka boot.
- Genuine 100% Waterproof leather uppers in a soft and supple Nubuck finish.
- The sole is a durable and slip-resistant rubber.
- Pure PET laces, and a recycled PET mesh lining that is comfortable and moisture-wicking.
- The anti-odor Ortholite footbed ensures plush comfort and excellent moisture management.
- An overall lightweight, soft and comfortable, for everyday wear.
The Clarks Cadell features a wedge sole and a soft and comfortable Ortholite footbed. One of the most comfortable and plush Chukka Boots that you will find.
- A durable rubber outsole that offers excellent traction.
- A slight elevated wedge heel for more sophisticated style.
- Plushly cushioned with a removable Ortholite footbed.
- Available in Navy and brown color variations.
Dr. Martens Belmont is not your average Chukka Boot, here is where sneaker and Chukka boot comes together in a casual styled shoe.
- Excellent slip and abrasion resistant rubber outsole.
- Textile uppers from Canvas material that is durable and lightweight.
- Branded pull up tabs and very lightweight design.
- A comfortable and supportive footbed.
A classic Chukka style Dolce Vita boot, the Findley will fast become your go-to, every day wear-boot.
- Genuine supple leather uppers in a laceless chukka style will a heel pull tab.
- The toe is slightly rounded in the original Chukka boot style.
- Available in some stunning neutral color options that will complement any outfit superbly.
- Chic and sleek with a synthetic sole.
This Chukka boot is so easy to style with your wardrobe, as well as easy to wear.
The Cyra Catelyn is a worry-free, Water Resistant Chukka Boot for Women.
- Easy to maintain suede uppers with a soft and comfortable leather lining on the inside.
- The EVA footbed is anatomically molded for support and comfort.
- A molded rubber outsole offers the best in traction and durability.
- The protective coating around the suede uppers resists scuffing, stains and water to keep your shoes looking new and fresh.
Two gorgeous Chukka Boot models from Clarks featuring their popular Ortholite cushioned footbed.
- Available in a black suede leather option or a dark tan smooth leather option.
- Genuine soft and supple leather uppers with a lace-up Chukka Style closure,
- Comfortably cushioned Ortholite footbed.
- A lightweight TPR rubber outsole.
Ariat is the top brand in durable and tough shoes and boots, and you can expect no less from their slip-on Chukka Boots.
- Genuine pure leather uppers with a slip-on Chukka Boot design.
- A thick Duratread rubber outsole, that is tough and slip-resistant.
- A comfortable and supportive EVA midsole and lace-up silhouette.
- Easy slip-on and off the design with a comfortable and cushioned footbed.
A stunning dress style Chukka Bootie with a sophisticated heel from Rockport.
- Genuine soft leather uppers in the choice of a black or stone color.
- Lace-up Chukka Boot features.
- A low sophisticated and stabilizing heel.
- Classic and elegant design for more formal occasions.
- Soft and comfortable insole and lining from synthetic materials.
- The outsole is durable and offers good grip.
Chukka Boots are quite popular today, and there are so many manufacturers that offer a variety of models in a vast range of color options.
A Chukka boot is truly a highly functional and stylish addition to any wardrobe!
Index Table: The Best Chukka Boots
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- How to Wear Chukka Boots
- Are Chukka Boots Comfortable?
- Main features of a Chukka Boot
- Reviews: Top Rated Chukka Boots for Today
- Frye Women's Carly Chukka Boot, Brown, 9.5 M US - Heeled Chukka Ankle Boot
- Timberland Women's Nellie Double Waterproof Ankle Boot,Navy,5 M US - Lace Up Waterproof Chukka Boot
- Clarks Women's Caddell Hop Boot, Navy, 10 M US - Hop Chukka Boot with wedge Sole
- Dr. Martens Women's Belmont Chukka Boot, Black, 3 UK/5 B US - Lace Up Chukka Boot
- Dolce Vita Women's Findley Boot,blush,5.5 M US - Slip on Chukka Boot
- Hush Puppies Women's Cyra Catelyn Chukka Boot, Dark Olive, 10 W US - Ankle Olive Chukka Boots
- Clarks Women's Dove Roxana Chukka Boot, Dark tan Leather, 070 M US - Chukka Boots
- Ariat Women's Women's Cruiser Lace Sneaker, Brown Bomber, 8.5 B US - Slip On Chukka Boots
- Rockport Women's Brynn Chukka Bootie Ankle Boot, Black, 8.5 M US - heeled Chukka Bootie
- Index Table: The Best Chukka Boots
Last update on 2020-04-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API