These days, fat soled shoes an sneakers are fast becoming the new trend.
Supersized thick soles are comfortable and offer loads of cushioning, in the end sometimes less is not best, when it comes to thick-soled shoes.
This new trend is taking the market by storm, and it has likewise been proven that a thicker soled shoe or athletic shoe really has many health benefits, and truly are better for your feet.
Thick Soled Running and Walking Shoes
When it comes to running or walking, one of the most important features your shoes need t to have is shock absorbency.
When you run or walk there is a direct impact on your feet with every step that you take, this impact, in turn, affects your feet, ankles, knees, hips, and back.
So, therefore, a thick EVA or another type of midsole and a cushioned insole comes in handy, the thicker the sole and the more cushioned, the more comfortable each step you take is, and the less impact there is on your feet and joints.
In general a shoe with a thicker sole, whether an athletic, dress or casual shoe offers much more support and stability than their flatter soled counterparts.
On the plus side, as well a thicker soled shoe will ensure that you are much more balanced on your feet, and likewise prevent tripping hazards and ankle sprains, which is so many times caused by a thinner or higher heel.
As you should have noticed by now, plenty of the running shoe and casual sneaker models are being designed with a much thicker sole today, usually called a fat sole or flatform sole.
Not only is the thick sole becoming a fashion statement, but people similarly realize all the benefits that this type of sole holds.
Other Types of Thick Soled Shoes
Besides running and athletic shoes, and likewise casual sneakers, there are plenty of shoe types and brands that are opting for the thicker sole today;
- Flip Flops such as the flip flop.
- Slip-On Sneakers.
- Boots and ankle boots.
- Sneakers such as Vans and Supergas.
- Professional shoes, such as the Dansko.
- Skechers athletic and other models.
- Work Shoes and Boots.
- Pumps and Mary Jane Styled Shoes.
- Some Sandal Brands.
Some Features of a Thick Soled Shoe
The thick outsole will usually be either rubber or durable synthetic material, with a midsole or middle layer likewise from the same material, or a cushioned EVA.
The insole could be cushioned or padded for further support, and likewise, have a contoured supportive arch.
There are similarly some shoe models that feature a memory foam footbed for cradled comfort. Most running and athletic shoe brands will have a supportive insole and a rubber outer and midsole for better shock absorbency.
Reviews: The Best Available Thick Sole Shoes for Women
The Dansko Professional is the perfect work shoe for women who are on their feet all day, such as nurses, hospitality staff and even teachers. The thick sole offers exceptional shock absorbency, and the rocker bottom design ensures better stability.
- 100% durable and comfortable leather uppers.
- A comfortable Clog style shoe with a wider toe box for more toe room.
- The polyurethane outsole with rocker bottom design offers excellent shock absorbency and stability.
- A padded instep collar for more comfort and an easy fit.
- The PU inner frame aids in reducing torque and providing much better stability.
- A plush and comfortable memory foam footbed that gently cradles your feet.
The Fitflop Flora is available in a black or dark brown color option with lovely decorative designed uppers. The perfect sandal for every occasion with the support and comfort of a thick rocker sole.
Fitflop is a well-known name in comfort and supportive footwear, specializing in flip flop sandals firstly, their sandals offer the best support, and excellent shock absorbing properties.
- The FitFlop Flora Features a softly padded footbed for ultimate comfort and support.
- A stunningly designed upper thong with flower cut outs.
- The thick outsole is synthetic and offers excellent shock absorbency.
- Ideal for any occasion, comfortable and cool in the summertime.
Skechers one of the top names in casual and sports sneakers, now features this stunning yet simple sports sneaker, with a thick protective sole, and plush memory foam comfort.
You can choose between many color designs, to find your own style, I particularly like the black with the rainbow laces.
- The uppers are made from faux leather and mesh fabric for superior lightweight breathability.
- A durable thick rubber outsole that ensures ample shock absorbency and cushioning.
- Easy slip-on sneaker with bungee laces, available in some stunning color designs for you to choose from.
- The insole features a memory foam layer that cradles and hugs your feet.
- A flex-grooved insole for improved performance.
No list of Thick Soled shoes is complete without the Vans Classic Platform Sole Sneaker. A top brand in casual sneakers, this easy slip-on style sneaker features an extra thick sole and is available in black or checker black and white canvas uppers with a contrasting outsole.
Perfect for every occasion, comfortable and convenient, Van’s are Unisex shoes, offering the best fit for both men and women alike.
- Features light and breathable canvas uppers that have moisture wicking properties.
- A comfortable and padded insole.
- The thick rubber platform sole offers excellent shock absorbency.
- A durable rubber outsole for the best traction.
- Highly durable construction.
- Available in black, or black and white checker options.
The Essex Glam knee-high boot is a highly fashionable boot with a grunge style to it and laces up to your knees. Available in a stunning smooth or suede faux leather option, these will go fabulously with a short skirt or dress.
- A gorgeous grunge style lace up knee length boot for special occasions such as concerts, parties, clubbing, and even casual wear.
- The heel is 2.5 inches high and solid right through.
- Manufactured from high-quality durable materials.
- A thick synthetic outsole that offers good shock absorbency.
- Available in smooth black faux leather, or black suede faux leather, for your style choice.
- Knee high boot with complete lace up feature.
These are some comfortable and highly fashionable shoe brands of different varieties, each featuring a unique thick sole.
A thick sole can give you that extra bit of height, without the need for a high heel, that is uncomfortable, and it likewise offers excellent support and shock absorbency, which in turn is good news for your feet and joints.
Index Table: The Best Thick Sole Shoes for Women
|1||Dansko Women's Professional - Work Shoe with Thick Sole||Dansko||97|
|2||Fitflops Women's Flora - Flip Flop Sandal with Thick Heel||Fitflops||97|
|3||Skechers Sport Women's Loving Life - Casual Sneaker with Thick Sole||Skechers Sport||98|
|4||Vans Unisex Classic Platform - Thick Sole Sneakers||Vans||97|
|5||Essex Glam Women's Platform - Thick Sole Knee High Boot||Essex Glam||96|
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Thick Soled Running and Walking Shoes
- Other Types of Thick Soled Shoes
- Some Features of a Thick Soled Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Available Thick Sole Shoes for Women
- Index Table: The Best Thick Sole Shoes for Women