The latest trend on the rise is a fashionable and functional pair of booties for your dog.
Many pet owners have chosen to buy their dogs a pair of dog booties either for protection against the cold and snow in the winter, or the heat and hot surfaces in the summer. Some dog owners have opted to invest full time in using dog walking boots on a daily basis to protect their prized pups feet. Many companies are investing in the development of dog footwear to ensure the health and safety of paws. The dog boot trend has reached its peak after more and more vets started talking about how much damage a dog’s paws receive from walking on cold surfaces in the winter and hot surfaces in the summer.
Table of Contents for Shoes for Dogs
|1||My Busy Dog Dog's Anti-Slip - Waterproof Dog Shoes with Reflective Velcro||My Busy Dog||97|
|2||Uarter Dog's Boots - Waterproof for Larger Dogs||Uarter||95|
|3||abcGoodefg Dog's Pet Puppy - Canvas Sports Sneakers||abcGoodefg||90|
|4||Paws Dog's Protex - Large Dog Boot||Paws||96|
|5||Urbest Dog's Detachable Closure - Shoes for Small Dogs||Urbest||90|
The Advantages and Uses of Dog Booties
Try to imagine yourself walking on rough terrain with your bare feet every day, stony gravel roads, sharp objects, thorns, mud, and to make matters worse scorching hot pavements in the summer or icy cold terrain in the winter. Your feet would not last long in any one of these conditions let alone two or three, and the same concept goes for your dog, although their feet are tougher than ours, they still need some form of protection particularly during very hot summers and very cold winters.
Dog boots are designed using rubber, fabric or plastic in order to shield your dog’s feet against the weather elements and protect the sensitive paw areas against injury. Some dog boots offer insulation against the cold winters others are made for walking and protect the paws against abrasion and sharp objects.
The History Behind Shoes for Dogs
Dog boots originated from the Native Americans nearly three thousand years ago. They used a rudimentary form of dog boot to protect their sled dogs from thinning out and damaging their paws.
In the 1990’s dog boots became a more popular accessory with the invention of branded dog boots. Today dog boots are designed for optimal functionality and protection and not so much as a fashion accessory.
Getting the Perfect Fit for Your Dog
Before you invest in your pooches, paws take into consideration that dogs are messy creatures and that dog boots are going to take quite some punishment so make sure that the booties you choose are durable and easy to clean.
Make sure to get a boot in a bright color that will stand out if you want to keep track of your dog easily. The most important consideration is traction, grooved rubber soles should do the trick. Also keep in mind how easy the bootie is to put on and take off and if your dog will be able to keep them on or if they slip off too easily. It may take your dog some time to get used to this new foreign object on their feet, so have patience and be persistent they will soon adapt.
Some of The Most Popular Dog Shoes for 2016
We have researched and come across some excellent choices of shoes that will fit any pooch perfectly;
- Available in different sizes for every breed and size dog.
- A tough anti-Slip outsole for stability and traction that provides protection against sharp objects and hot or cold surfaces.
- Water resistant to keep paws warm and dry.
- Easy to clean.
- A secured fit is ensured with the adjustable and reflective Velcro straps.
- The uppers are made from high-quality fabrics that have been sewn together for durability.
- Available in four bright colors.
- Manufactured from durable, waterproof materials that will keep debris out while providing comfort and temperature control.
- The soles are flexible, durable, skid-resistant as well as waterproof for serious protection and traction.
- Easy to put on with the wide split seam top opening.
- The adjustable and reflective Velcro straps gives you a snug fit that will not slip off easily.
- Non-Slip, durable outsoles for protection against rough, hot or cold surfaces.
- Canvas uppers that are durable and easy to clean.
- Fashionable and cute looking shoes that will complement any dog outfit.
- Available in deifferent sizes for all dog breeds.
- The soles offer good grip and traction and are manufactured from 100% high quality rubber.
- The uppers easily stretch to fit comfortably over your dog’s paws without slipping off.
- Your dog will be walking confidently on any floor surface with paws that are comfortable and protected.
- Available in sizes for larger dog breeds.
- A detachable closure for an easy and customized fit.
- Thick rubber outsoles that protect your dog’s feet against cold, heat and sharp objects.
- Durable and long lasting.
- The plush uppers offer a soft and comfortable fit.
- Available in sizes for smaller dog breeds.
Whether your dog needs protection against heat or cold, snow or sand, sharp objects or rough terrain, these dog booties are rough, tough and comfortable enough for everyday wear. Keep your pooch happy and protected in one of these awesome sets of dog booties that have been designed with your dogs best interest in mind using only the highest quality materials.
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents for Shoes for Dogs
- The Advantages and Uses of Dog Booties
- The History Behind Shoes for Dogs
- Getting the Perfect Fit for Your Dog
- Some of The Most Popular Dog Shoes for 2016