Stability shoes are shoes that offer more support, flexibility and cushioning and a bit less motion control. Stability shoes are meant for those who have normal or neutral arches and will aid in decreasin2g mild pronation. Most stability shoes are firm in the midsole area supporting the arch and have a few other comfort and support features. Running and Trail shoes are your stability designed shoes.
Comparison Table for New Balance Stability Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Stability Running Shoe||New Balance||96|
|2||Walking and Running Stability Shoe||New Balance||95|
|3||Stability Running Shoe||New Balance||95|
|4||Running Shoe for Stability||New Balance||96|
|5||Running Shoe with Stability Features||New Balance||98|
Why New Balance Shoes
New Balance began in the early 1900’s as a company based in Boston that caters for arch support in their shoes. New balance has now grown into a global company that manufactures different kinds of athletic products. New Balance is a company concerned with meeting the requirements of athletes, focusing on superior footwear and athletic apparel manufactured to fit all widths and sizes as they believe better the fit, the better the performance. New balance is constantly improving their technology and production methods to stay on track with not only fashion but also new technologies and styles.
What is a Stability Shoe and it’s Purpose
One of the four different types of running shoes is a Stability Running shoe.
Stability running shoes have the main purposes of correcting and preventing excessive overpronation in runners who overpronate, meaning that their feet roll inward when they run.
Stability shoes are great for moderate to excessive overpronation and provide the stability required to stop the foot from rolling inward excessively when running to create a more natural and smooth cycle.
A stability running shoe is charactarised by ist flexibility, support and durability as well as a firmer post to reinforce the sides of the arches in the midsole which is the area that is mostly affected by overpronation.
Stability shoes are also more suitable for people who do not have severe motion control issues and who are lightweight to mid-weight, individuals who are heaver in weight should rather opt for a motion control shoe that is also similar to a stability shoe with a few different features.
Keep in mind that a stability running shoe is the most supportive and controlling of the running shoe types because it is designed specifically to slow down excessive pronation.
Stability running shoes will offer you the maximum amount of ground contact, stability and durability.
The Different Types of Running and Walking Shoes for Different Foot Types
For someone who tends to overpronate, or has a lower arch motion control footwear is the best choice. Motion control footwear emphasizes the medial support using dual density midsoles, roll bars, and a foot bridge to slow down the rate of overpronation.
For a more neutral pronator or a normal arch, a stability shoe is the best option. A stability shoe combines cushioning with other support features to give a more balanced amount of support.
Supinators or people with a higher arch need shoes that are well cushioned. Cushioning enhances shock absorption reducing the impact on the heel and forefoot.
Who will Benefit Most from A Stability Shoe
A stability shoe is perfect for someone with a neutral or normal arch and neutral pronation, or over pronation to a certain extent.
Runners who have a heel strike whose ankles tend to roll inward a bit too much can also benefit from a stability shoes as a stability shoe provides additional support during the heel strike to toe-off reducing over pronation.
What Charactaristics do New Balance Stability Shoes have
- Heel cushioning.
- Lightweight and breathable uppers.
- Supportive midsole.
- Good shock Absorbency.
- Durable rubber outsole.
The Best Available New balance Stability Shoes
Following are some reviews on the best model2s of stability shoes that New Balance have to offer;1
Stability Running Shoe
Perform with confidence in the new Balance 1260V6 running shoe that delivers premium stability and shock absorption as well as superb cushioning while still remaining in style.
- Flexible and breathable synthetic and textile mesh uppers engineered to hug and support the foot, for comfort and performance.
- An N2 cushioned heel that absorbs shock and protects the heel during heel strike.
- The 8mm heel to toe drop improves motion and gives you just the right amount of stability and support.
- The dual density medial post improves stability and gives excellent support.
- The Acteva Lite midsole is a lightweight and shock absorbing midsole for comfort and support.
- A Fantom fit for a more barefoot feel and incredible running experience.
- A no-sew material application prevents chafing and irritation of your skin.
- Superior cushioning for all day luxurious comfort.
- Available in a stunning pink and white or a funkier green and pink color design.
Walking and Running Stability Shoe
For that extra push to stay focused, you can always count on the New Balance Wazee prism offers super speed and fantastic support.
- A Bootie construction upper manufactured from breathable and lightweight mesh and synthetic materials.
- The durable rubber outsole ensures excellent traction.
- An 8mm heel toe drops for superior stability and support.
- The rapid rebound midsole returns energy to the feet and reduces impact.
- No-Sew material application ensures blister and chafes free feet.
- A molded sock liner provides superb comfort.
- Available in a variety of colors to suit every preference.
Stability Running Shoe
The New Balance Optimum control will provide you with ultimate stability and support as well as superior cushioning and shock absorption
- A durable blown rubber sole that will give you the best performance.
- The mesh uppers with pop-color accents look trendy and feel comfortable and breathable.
- Superior motion control and stability.
- The padded tongue and collar offer a more snug and comfortable fit.
- The Abzorb cushioning technology provides excellent support and comfort and helps to absorb shock.
- A 10mm heel to toe drop for excellent motion control.
Running Shoe for Stability
A durable and comfortable running shoe, the New Balance W560V6 is tough and performs well under pressure.
- Durable and comfortable synthetic and breathable mesh uppers.
- Superb cushioning for all-day comfort and support.
- The padded tongue and collar give you’re a luxuriously comfortable and supportive fit.
- A 12mm drop for improved motion control and stability.
- The injection-molded EVA foam midsole absorbs shock and provides exceptional comfort and support.
- A grippy rubber outsole prevents slips on slippery and wet floor surfaces.
Running Shoe with Stability Features
For moderate and severe overpronation, the New Balance W940V2 will provide yours with the ultimate stability and support as well as grander cushioning to reduce over pronation.
- Soft and flexible textile uppers that are breathable and lightweight for easy movement.
- Forefoot flex grooves and a sturdy rubber outsole for excellent traction.
- N2 low to the ground cushioning for better shock absorption and support.
- The Stabilicore medial post provides the best available stability.
- A T-Beam and TPU support shank for even better stability and support.
- The antimicrobial ortholite footbed keeps your feet not only dry and fresh but also very comfortable.
- This shoe is also suitable and rated according to Medicare code for diabetics.
New Balance Stability Shoes Overall
New Balance has dedicated themselves to improve the performance of athletes all over the world. For more than a century they have been focusing on research and development to provide their customers with the finest quality and most innovative products that will not only perform but also fit perfectly. We have chosen some of the best available model2s in stability shoes for neutral and overpronators to reduce pronation and provide exceptional comfort and support. New Balance offers a large variety of colorful designs in their stability shoes so that you can choose what suits your style and personal preference.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for New Balance Stability Shoes
- Why New Balance Shoes
- What is a Stability Shoe and it’s Purpose
- The Different Types of Running and Walking Shoes for Different Foot Types
- Who will Benefit Most from A Stability Shoe
- What Charactaristics do New Balance Stability Shoes have
- The Best Available New balance Stability Shoes
- Stability Running Shoe
- Walking and Running Stability Shoe
- Stability Running Shoe
- Running Shoe for Stability
- Running Shoe with Stability Features
- New Balance Stability Shoes Overall