Flat shoes such as slippers, sandals, and other similar footwear truly are an indispensable item in anyone’s wardrobe.
The history of flat shoes goes back quite a long time, perhaps even as long as 500 years. Looking at your Historical Roman movies and plays you will notice that sturdy leather sandals with flat soles are worn by the men and women, this fashion has evolved over the year becoming an important part of today’s footwear collection.
Wearing Flat Footwear
What is great about flat footwear is that it can be worn for any occasion, work, casual even formal. Just keep in mind that as with any other footwear there are also different designs and varieties of flat footwear meant for specific occasions with different functionalities.
Different types of flat footwear also complement different types of outfits so make sure that your footwear suits the outfit that you are going to be wearing.
Pumps or Ballerina flats are extremely versatile as they go with any outfit and can be worn for any occasion. Pumps are a flat shoe that is specifically made for women. You have the choice between closed, peep toe, open heel, and many other colors and designs.
Loafers are excellent for work, or casual shoes they complement outfits such as culottes, cropped trousers and skirts very well. Loafers are closed shoes and are perfect for colder weather conditions and winter time.
Different Types of Flats
There is an endless list of flat shoes available today for every occasion, and weather condition.
There are a few common flats that are quite popular that are worth mentioning. Loafers are very popular as they are versatile and stylish shoes that are also very comfortable to wear.
Espadrilles are flat shoes used for functions such as weddings and for traveling mostly.
Flat rain boots are used during wet weather conditions; they are waterproof and water resistant.
These are only a few options for the many available flat shoes.
Some Benefits of Flat Shoes
Flats are not the most attractive of shoes but they are by far the <strong<most practical and comfortable and you can do pretty much anything while you are wearing them.
Heeled shoes are not very practical or useful in tasks such as playing with the kids, doing sports, walking, or performing work where you are on your feet all day. Heels are more suited as formal wear for short periods of time.
Heeled shoes can also be very dangerous to the health of your feet and lower limbs, you can look at 5 Unhealthy Side Effects of Wearing Heels for more information.
Here are a few factors that make flat shoes more ideal;
- Flat shoes are by far the most comfortable choice in shoes. Trainers, Flat Boots and shoes, sandals, they are all comfortable and attractive. Flat shoes are much more suitable and comfortable for walking and being on your feet all day.
- Flat shoes also tend to be much safer than heeled shoes as they provide better grip and you do not stand the chance of getting a heel caught in grilles or losing your balance.
- The fact that heels make you look taller is also a myth. If you are short and wearing a pair of heels you are only going to look like a short person in a pair of heels.
- Heeled shoes can cause many health issues and damage your feet, whereas flats provide better support and rarely cause any damage or foot conditions.
- Flat shoes also help you maintain your balance, a high heeled shoe may throw your balance off center and you stand the risk of falling and suffering an injury.
- Things like driving a car, motorcycle or bicycle are also much easier in a pair of flats shoes.
- If you are someone who has a job that requires you to be on your feet quite a bit a flat shoe will provide good comfort and support while still maintaining an attractive and professional appearance.
- If ever you are in a hurry or have an emergency would you not rather prefer running in a pair of flats than trying to escape in heels?
- Then there is the versatility factor, flat shoes will perfectly complement almost any outfit whether casual or formal and on the contrary, some outfits can only be worn with flats.
As you can see from the list flats shoes have many benefits and are an absolute necessity in any wardrobe. Flat Shoes are a comfortable, practical and stylish choice for any work environment.
Reviews: The Top Rated Flat Shoes for Work
Following are a few picks of the best flat shoes that you can use for work purposes;
Own Shoe Womens Slip Resistant Shoes Fashion Casual Work for Waitress (5.5, Brown) - Fashion Casual Work Shoes
This is a sleek and stylish shoe that is comfortable and slip resistant. This shoe is designed specifically for food industry work with all the comfort features required when you are going to be actively on your feet for long hours.
- Stylish Faux leather uppers.
- Slip and oil resistant rubber sole for excellent grip on any surface.
- A toes stitch and Elastic V in the Women’s model for easy on and off when you are in a hurry.
- An On-trend flat style that is designed to be work friendly with its sleek single color and durable sole.
- Very lightweight and flexible to reduce stress and strain on your feet.
- A comfortable cushioned insole for long hours on your feet.
- A trendy and sophisticated shoe.
A 100% Nubuck leather shoe from the house of Clark designed for comfort and durability.
The Clarks Haley Stork Loafer is a sporty casual loafer that is an excellent shoe to wear for work if you are working in a less professional environment.
- High-quality synthetic soles that offer excellent grip and durability.
- A flat shoe with a slight heel.
- A very modern and sporty slip-on loafer style.
- Elasticized insets for comfortable wear.
- High-quality cows leather uppers that are both durable and comfortable.
- Available in an extensive range of colors and designs.
The Hush Puppies Chaste Ballet flat is a perfect shoe for any work environment that will complement any outfit. Hush Puppies are a well-known brand for the superb comfort and support qualities that their shoes have.
- Made from the finest quality leather.
- A slight heel for added support.
- Inside the shoe are a genuine suede leather sock lining and perforated arches for enhanced breathability.
- A molded rubber outsole for excellent traction and durability.
- A moisture-wicking lining will keep your feet dry and fresh all day.
Jabu’s Deep Sea Mary Jane is a fashionable and breathable shoe that is perfect for everyday wear to work.
It is available in different colors to suit your outfits and is a perfect choice for summer and warmer weather conditions.
- A durable and slip resistant synthetic outsole.
- The perforated vamps and pivoting heel straps ensure a comfortable and adjustable fit.
- A comfortable and supportive Croslite footbed.
- Advanced toe box ventilation to keep your feet cool and ventilated during long work hours.
- A Classic Croc style with drainage ports at the vamp.
- Available in different colors.
Clarks are a favorite brand well known for the comfortable and supportive footwear that they produce. The Concert flats are fantastic shoes for work, they look great and will feel great all day as well.
- The durable rubber outsole ensures good traction and grip and is flexible for easy movement.
- An Ortholite Memory Foam Insole giving you all day comfort and excellent shock absorbency.
- Added arch and heel support to reduce strain on your feet and ankles.
- A leather lining that is breathable and keeps your feet dry and comfortable.
- The Clarks Concert Jazz is also one of the best shoes for walking on concrete floors.
Skechers is fast becoming a popular name in comfortable footwear for every occasion. These loafers for work are ideal for slippery and oily floors, such as in the hospitality industry. They offer exceptional comfort features and remain slip resistant with an ASTM F1677-96 rating.
- Smooth and supple leather uppers that are durable and water resistant.
- There is a top gore panel to provide more flexibility and a better fit.
- A plush memory foam footbed with a moisture-wicking textile lining.
- Additional arch cushioning in the insole and a low profile shock absorbing midsole.
- The rubber outsole is slip resistant on wet and oily surfaces, and similarly very flexible.
This is just the most stunning and whimsical little shoe for a lady, a perfect work shoe with all the comfort features you require in a lovely designed Ballerina flat.
- Genuine leather uppers with an elasticated top line to give you a snug and comfortable fit.
- An ergonomically designed SupercomFF midsole that fits an average width.
- The wood effect midsole with its all leather lining also allows your feet to breathe while providing cushioned comfort.
- There is a built-in arch support contour to promote good foot health.
- The outsole is lightweight, durable and has slip resistant rubber pods.
- Available in a large variety of colorful designs to choose from.
Dr. Comfort offers some of the most comfortable, therapeutic shoes, and surprisingly similarly this absolutely stunning flat sandal, in sultry red.
- Soft and comfortable red leather uppers with decorative detail.
- The removable insole also has a supportive polyurethane layer, with gel pods in the heel and forefoot for cushioned comfort.
- There is similarly polyethylene cushioning throughout the entire footbed fo this shoe.
- A durable polyurethane outsole offers excellent shock absorbency and flexibility, while the rubber insert in the outsole gives exceptional traction.
A stunning ankle boot that will go well with any work outfit. The Tatum from Propet ensures you all the comfort features well known to the Propet brand, in a stylish ankle boot with a gorgeous detailed design.
- Full grain soft leather uppers in a brown or black color.
- This shoe is likewise available in wider widths to accommodate a wider foot and foot conditions.
- A cushioned and arch supportive footbed on a stacked heel.
- The durable outsole will prevent slips and keep you firmly on your feet.
- Full grain soft leather upper on a stacked heel and wide widths!
- The rubber outsole makes it comfortable for log walks.
- Heel measures only 1-inch.
- A unique system for arch and metatarsal support.
- 100% Leather Uppers.
- Premium microfiber footbed lining (removable).
As you can see there are many different styles and designs of flat shoes that you can choose from that are all perfect to wear to work.
The choice style and design will depend very much on your work environment; there are casual and durable flats for a more industrial and outdoor work environment as well as more <strong<sophisticated flats for office and professional work environments.
You will also need to keep in mind, for any type of work that you are on your feet most of the time you will need a shoe that offers excellent support and comfort.
Whereas if you sit behind a desk all day, you can get away with less comfort and support features and opt for something more fancy and elegant.
Index Table: Most Comfortable Flats for Work
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Wearing Flat Footwear
- Different Types of Flats
- Some Benefits of Flat Shoes
- Reviews: The Top Rated Flat Shoes for Work
- Own Shoe Womens Slip Resistant Shoes Fashion Casual Work for Waitress (5.5, Brown) - Fashion Casual Work Shoes
- Clarks Women's Clarks Haley Stork Sandal,Black,8.5 M US - Loafer for Work
- Hush Puppies Women's Chaste Ballet Flat, Black Leather, 9 Medium US - Slip on Flats for Work
- JBU by Jambu Women's Deep Sea Encore Flat - Comfortable Flat for Work
- Crocs Baya Clog, Raspberry, M5W7 - Comfortable Flat Clogs for Work
- Clarks Women's Concert Jazz Ballet Flat - Slip On Dress Flats for Work
- Skechers for Work Women's Kincaid II Slip On Slip Resistant Loafer - Slip Resistant Flats for Work
- FitFlop Women's Superbendy Ballerinas Loafer Flat, Silver, 5 M US - Ballerina Flats for Work
- Dr. Comfort Women's Sharon Sandal: Peanut Brittle 9 Medium (A/B) - Flat sandals for Work
- Propet Women's Tatum Ankle Bootie - Flat Ankle Boot for Work
- Taos Women's Encore Flat - Arch and Metatarsal Support Flat
- In Conclusion
- Index Table: Most Comfortable Flats for Work
I am a Long-distance hiker, a writer and an editor whose favorite topics include backpacking, trail running, boots and various footwear.
Last update on 2020-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API