If one looks at the wardrobe of any woman and many men it is quite likely that you will come across quite a few pairs of flat shoes. Flat shoes such as slippers, sandals, and other similar footwear truly are an indispensable item in anyone’s wardrobe. The history of flat shoes goes back quite a long time, perhaps even as long as 500 years. Looking at your Historical Roman movies and plays you will notice that sturdy leather sandals with flat soles are worn by the men and women, this fashion has evolved over the year becoming an important part of today’s footwear collection.
Index Table for the Most Comfortable Flats for Work
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Fashion Casual Work Shoes||OwnShoe||90|
|2||Loafer for Work||Clarks||95|
|3||Slip on Flats for Work||Hush Puppies||96|
|4||Comfortable Flat for Work||Jambu||94|
|5||Comfortable Flat Clogs for Work||Crocs||93|
|6||Slip On Dress Flats for Work||Clarks||92|
Wearing Flat Footwear
What is great about flat footwear is that it can be worn for any occasion, work, casual even formal. Just keep in mind that as with any other footwear there are also different designs and varieties of flat footwear meant for specific occasions with different functionalities. Different types of flat footwear also complement different types of outfits so make sure that your footwear suits the outfit that you are going to be wearing.
Outfit VS Flat Footwear
Flip Flops and Sports Sandals
Flip Flops and sporty sandals are best worn with casual outfits such as shorts and beach wear in summer at home, to the beach or swimming pool and for more casual occasions.
Dress flat sandals can be worn for work or formal occasions with trousers, skirts or dresses. Dress sandals will also look good with a neat pair of jeans.
Pumps or Ballerina flats are extremely versatile as they go with any outfit and can be worn for any occasion. Pumps are a flat shoe that is specifically made for women. You have the choice between closed, peep toe, open heel and many other colors and designs.
Loafers are excellent for work, or casual shoes they complement outfits such as culottes, cropped trousers and skirts very well. Loafers are closed shoes and are perfect for colder weather conditions and winter time.
Different Types of Flats
There is an endless list of flat shoes available today for every occasion, and weather condition.
There are a few common flats that are quite popular that are worth mentioning. Loafers are very popular as they are versatile and stylish shoes that are also very comfortable to wear. Espadrilles are flat shoes used for functions such as weddings and for traveling mostly. Flat rain boots are used during wet weather conditions; they are waterproof and water resistant. These are only a few options of the many available flat shoes.
Some Benefits of Flat Shoes
Flats are not the most attractive of shoes but they are by far the most practical and comfortable and you can do pretty much anything while you are wearing them. Heeled shoes are not very practical or useful in tasks such as playing with the kids, doing sports, walking, or performing work where you are on your feet all day. Heels are more suited as formal wear for short periods of time.
Here are a few factors that make flat shoes more ideal;
- Flat shoes are by far the most comfortable choice in shoes. Trainers, Flat Boots and shoes, sandals, they are all comfortable and attractive. Flat shoes are much more suitable and comfortable for walking and being on your feet all day.
- Flat shoes also tend to be much safer than heeled shoes as they provide better grip and you do not stand the chance of getting a heel caught in grilles or losing your balance.
- The fact that heels make you look taller is also a myth. If you are short and wearing a pair of heels you are only going to look like a short person in a pair of heels.
- heeled shoes can cuase many health issues and damage your feet, whereas flats provide better support and rarely cause any damage or foot conditions.
- Flat shoes also help you maintain your balance, a high heeled shoe may throw your balance off centre and you stand the risk of falling and suffering an injury.
- Things like driving a car, motorcycle or bicycle are also much easier in a pair of flats shoes.
- If you are someone who has a job that requires you to be on your feet quite a bit a flat shoe will provide good comfort and support while still maintaining and attractive and professional appearance.
- If ever you are in a hurry or have an emergency would you not rather prefer running in a pair of lfats than trying to escape in heels?.
- Then there is the versatility factor, flat shoes will perfectly compliment almost any outfit whether casual or formal and on the contrary some outfits can only be worn with flats.
As you can see from the list flats shoes have many benefits and are an absolute necessity in any wardrobe. Flat Shoes are a comfortable, practical and stylish choice for any work environment.
The Top Flat Shoes for Work
Following are a few picks of the best flat shoes that you can use for work purposes;
Fashion Casual Work Shoes
This is a sleek and stylish shoe that is comfortable and slip resistant. This shoe is designed specifically for food industry work with all the comfort features required when you are going to be actively on your feet for long hours.
- Stylish Faux leather uppers.
- Slip and oil resistant rubber sole for excellent grip on any surface.
- A toes stitch and Elastic V in the Women’s model for easy on and off when you are in a hurry.
- An On-trend flat style that is designed to be work friendly with its sleek single color and durable sole.
- Very lightweight and flexible to reduce stress and strain on your feet.
- A comfortable cushioned insole for long hours on your feet.
- A trendy and sophisticated shoe.
Loafer for Work
A 100% Nubuck leather shoe from the house of Clark designed for comfort and durability.
The Clarks Haley Stork Loafer and Cotrell Loafer is a sporty casual loafer that is an excellent shoe to wear for work if you are working in a less professional environment.
- High-quality synthetic soles that offer excellent grip and durability.
- A flat shoe with a slight heel.
- A very modern and sporty slip-on loafer style.
- Elasticized insets for comfortable wear.
- High-quality cows leather uppers that are both durable and comfortable.
- The Clarks men’s Cotrell is extremely lightweight with a flexible sole, non-marking outsole, and ortholite memory foam footbed.
- The Clarks Haley Stork is available in an extensive range of colors and designs.
Slip on Flats for Work
The Hushpuppies Chaste Ballet flat and Lunar 2 Slip On is a perfect shoe for any work environment that will complement any outfit. Hush Puppies are a well-known brand for the superb comfort and support qualities that their shoes have.
- Made from the finest quality leather.
- A slight heel for added support.
- Inside the shoe are a genuine suede leather sock lining and perforated arches for enhanced breathability.
- A molded rubber outsole for excellent traction and durability.
- The Lunar 2 for men features dual goring insets and a padded collar as well as a removable contoured EVA insole for superior comfort.
- A moisture-wicking lining will keep your feet dry and fresh all day.
Comfortable Flat for Work
Jabu’ s Deep Sea Mary Jane, and Crest Flat for Men is a fashionable and breathable shoe that is perfect for everyday wear to work.
It is available in different colors to suit your outfits and is a perfect choice for summer and warmer weather conditions.
- Made from high-quality vegan leather.
- Durable rubber soles with a hyper-grip feature ensuring better traction on wet surfaces.
- Adjustable closures for convenience.
- Extremely comfortable shoes even with extended wear.
Comfortable Flat Clogs for Work
The Crocs Baya Clogs are comfortable and durable work shoes perfect for working in the food or hospital industry that requires long hours on your feet on slippery surfaces.
- A durable and slip resistant synthetic outsole.
- The perforated vamps and pivoting heel straps ensure a comfortable and adjustable fit.
- A comfortable and supportive Croslite footbed.
- Advanced toe box ventilation to keep your feet cool and ventilated during long work hours.
- A Classic Croc style with drainage ports at the vamp.
- Available in different colors for men and women.
Slip On Dress Flats for Work
Clarks are a favorite brand well known for the comfortable and supportive footwear that they produce. The Concert flats and Holmby Slip Ons are fantastic shoes for work, they look great and will feel great all day as well.
- The durable rubber outsole ensures good traction and grip and is flexible for easy movement.
- An Ortholite Memory Foam Insole giving you all day comfort and excellent shock absorbency.
- Added arch and heel support to reduce strain on your feet and ankles.
- A leather lining that is breathable and keeps your feet dry and comfortable.
- The Clarks Concert Jazz is also one of the best shoes for walking on concrete floors.
As you can see there are many different styles and designs of flat shoes that you can choose from that are all perfect to wear to work. The choice style and design will depend very much on your work environment; there are casual and durable flats for a more industrial and outdoor work environment as well as more sophisticated flats for office and professional work environments. You will also need to keep in mind, for any type of work that you are on your feet most of the time you will need a shoe that offers excellent support and comfort. Whereas if you sit behind a desk all day, you can get away with less comfort and support features and opt for something more fancy and elegant.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Index Table for the Most Comfortable Flats for Work
- Wearing Flat Footwear
- Outfit VS Flat Footwear
- Different Types of Flats
- Some Benefits of Flat Shoes
- The Top Flat Shoes for Work
- Fashion Casual Work Shoes
- Loafer for Work
- Slip on Flats for Work
- Comfortable Flat for Work
- Comfortable Flat Clogs for Work
- Slip On Dress Flats for Work