Squeaky shoes can be embarrassing for anyone. Especially when you walk into the office wearing your favorite shoes and you suddenly hear the squeaky nuisance coming from your shoes, this can drop your confidence level to the ground. Noisy shoes, sandals or clogs can be a nuisance for you and everyone around you. There are a few methods that work wonders to stop your shoes from making any squeaky or other annoying noises.
Table of Contents on How to Stop Shoes from Squeaking
|1||Squeaky Cheeks Unisex Comfort - Deodorizing Body and Foot Powder||Squeaky Cheeks||90|
|1||Mbio Apparel Unisex Essential Oil Based - Noise Reducing Foot spray||Mbio Apparel||95|
|3||Apex Unisex Non-Slip - Ankle Socks That Reduce Squeaking and Slipping||Apex||94|
|4||Sof Sole Unisex Mink Oil - Leather Food that will Prevent Squeaking||Sof Sole||96|
|5||ShooGoo Unisex Clear - Repair Glue to Prevent Squeaking Soles||ShooGoo||98|
|6||Kiwi Unisex Select - Shoe Care Kit||Kiwi||92|
Why Do Shoes Make Noises
There are literally hundreds of reasons why your shoes may squeak or make a noise. The most common reason for a noisy shoe is because of damage such as parts of the sole coming unglued or the heel coming loose.
A few DIY tips for Squeaky Shoes
Reduce squeak with baby powder
One of the primary causes of squeaking shoes is friction. If your shoe only squeaks on hard floors but not on carpet, then 90% chances are it is due to friction only. Sprinkling baby powder on the shoe liner can eliminate the noise.
You can also remove the shoe liner and sprinkle corn starch, talcum, or baby powder and place it back. All these powders will remove the moisturizer and eventually reduces the friction.
Try shoe oil or vegetable oil on Leather shoes
If it is the uppers of your shoe that are squeaking especially a leather shoe, you can apply vegetable or shoe oil to it which will lubricate it and eliminate the noises.
Repair any damage
Check the heel or sole of your shoes, if it is loose or damaged it may also cause a squeaky noise. Make sure always to repair any damaged or worn out shoes.
Always wear socks first
When you do not wear socks, your feet will sweat and the wetness in the shoe can not only cause squeaking but can also cause your feet to slip around in the shoe resulting in blisters and chafing. Thus try always to wear socks with a closed shoe.
The best Products to Stop Squeaky Shoe Noises
Here are a few products that you can use to eliminate the squeaking noises that your shoes make;
- A highly effective product made from all natural ingredients.
- Keeps your feet dry and odor free.
- Will reduce foot sweat and prevent rashes, blisters, odor and chafing.
- A high-quality product that has not been tested on animals.
- 100% natural and of the highest quality.
- Deoderizes your feet and keeps them dry.
- Trusted and used by athletes and dancers to keep their feet dry and fresh.
- Comes in a tough aluminum bottle that you can easily take with you anywhere.
- These socks come with a 90-day money back guarantee.
- Made from the finest quality materials.
- These socks can be worn on any surface with or without a shoe to prevent slipping.
- Great quality and very durable.
- Creates a protective waterproof barrier around the shoe.
- Conditions and softens the leather of the shoe.
- Can be used on other leather products as well.
- Softens up stiff shoes and boots.
- Also a great Oil for removing water stains on leather shoes.
- Seals and Protects your shoes.
- Can be used to coat frayed laces.
- Worn boots can be repaired to look as if they are new.
- Re-Attach broken heels with this super strong glue.
- Two tins of Kiwi Select black and brown polish are included in the set to condition and shine your shoes.
- A 100% horsehair brush that will even polish the leather.
- A soft and durable shine cloth for smooth leather.
- Two durable daubers that are very easy to use.
These are simple ways that can help you to reduce squeaking. Sometimes the reason behind squeaking can be difficult to find, and then you may opt to consult a professional, but fortunately there are many other remedies available that should do the job. The above-listed products are of the best quality and have the highest ratings they have many great advantages as well as helping to eliminate the squeak of a noise or worn out shoe.
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents on How to Stop Shoes from Squeaking
- Why Do Shoes Make Noises
- A few DIY tips for Squeaky Shoes
- The best Products to Stop Squeaky Shoe Noises
- Squeaky Cheeks Unisex Comfort Deodorizing Body and Foot Powder
- Mbio Apparel Unisex Essential Oil Based Noise Reducing Foot spray
- Apex Unisex Non-Slip Ankle Socks That Reduce Squeaking and Slipping
- Sof Sole Unisex Mink Oil Leather Food that will Prevent Squeaking
- ShooGoo Unisex Clear Repair Glue to Prevent Squeaking Soles
- Kiwi Unisex Select Shoe Care Kit