Depending on the time of year that you are in Europe you will need a durable and very comfortable pair of shoes that also look good for your trip.
Some Geography on Europe
Europe is basically a collection of peninsulas and islands, the Southern regions are mountainous while the Northern regions descend from the high Alps through hilly uplands into the broader and lower northern plains.
In the winter you can expect cold temperatures and snow particularly in the Southern Mountainous regions as well as cool to warm summers. The northern regions are cooler in the winter and can have humid to dry summers that can become quite hot.
Toursist Attractions in Italy and Europe
There are some lovely sites and very exciting tourist attractions in Europe and Italy.
You can go and have a look at the ruins of Pompei, canoe through the channels of Venice, visit the leaning tower of Pizza or have an informative and culture filled day at the Vatican city.
There are also many extraordinary beaches and beautiful, and art-filled small towns. You can look forward to the Buckingham Palace, Chrysler Building as well as the majestic and historical Colosseum.
Winter and Summer Wardrobe for Europe
In the summertime, it can get quite hot and humid in Europe, and you will need light summer clothing along with comfortable and waterproof shoes as well as a sweater for cooler days.
There is also rain in the spring and summer so remember your raincoat.
The winter in some areas in Europe is cold and in areas such as the mountains, you can expect it to be very cold with heavy snow.
A warm and insulated coat, some thermal underwear and thick warm boots or insulated hiking boots will do the trick. Also do not forget your scarf, hat, and gloves!
Features of a Good Walking Shoe for Europe
- A shoe that provides stability and good grip on uneven surfaces.
- Good shock absorption and underfoot cushioning.
- A durable Outsole.
- Lightweight and Breathable uppers.
- Avoid high heels and flats at all costs.
- Insulation to keep your feet warm.
- A calf or ankle length boot.
- A durable and slip resistant outsole.
- Good support and stability.
- A comfortable footbed and insole that absorbs shock.
- Waterproof materials.
Reviews: Best Shoes for Walking in Europe
Here are some great choices of shoes for Europe that provide the needed comfort and style;
Skechers are the leaders in lifestyle footwear, the Go Step and Go Walk models area lightweight and flexible shoe perfect for cool to warm weather and all day walking.
- Soft suede and mesh uppers with a satiny fabric underlay for all-day cool comfort.
- A memory foam cushioned insole.
- The lightweight midsole provides good shock absorption.
- A durable and flexible traction outsole.
- The classic and trendy looking ballet flat appearance of this shoe is great for any occasion.
- Available in a variety of colors.
The Vionic Orthaheel is a waterproof flip-flop sandal that is most suitable for those warm summer days particularly for a stroll on the beach.
- A sporty Wave toe sandal with soft lightly padded jersey linings and quick drying mesh webbing.
- A built-in biomechanical footbed with a deep heel cup and arch support that cradles the foot for all-day comfort and support.
- The Tri-Planar motion control technology reduces pronation and keeps the feet properly aligned in their natural position.
- A rubber sole with a wave pattern treads for reliable traction even on wet surfaces.
A stunning dress sandal for those evenings out and special occasions the Clarks Marigold features some exceptional comfort characteristics as well as a classy and fashionable appearance.
- A variety of uppers with gladiator inspired straps and contrast stitching available.
- A buckle closure for a stylish customized fit.
- The soft fabric lining and cushioned ortholite footbed provide luxurious comfort.
- A durable and flexible rubber outsole for easy movement.
The New Balance Rush and Fresh is a comfortable and sporty styled walking shoe made for the uneven terrain of the countryside.
- Soft and supple split suede and leather uppers.
- A lightly padded collar for a more comfortable fit.
- A supportive and comfortable PU insert.
- The abrasion-resistant toe guard is durable and protects your toes against bumps and impacts.
- A C-Cap midsole for support and shock absorption.
- A lightweight and flexible slip-on shoe.
The perfect walking shoe for any surface, the Propet Stability Walker is a sporty walking shoe will provide you with great support and comfort for all-day walking.
- Full-grain perforated leather or nubuck leather uppers with a brushed nylon lining to keep your feet comfortable and well ventilated.
- A speed lacing system with a padded collar and tongue for a secure and comfortable fit.
- The rigid heel counter and PU for bed provide excellent support and stability.
- An arch-supporting EVA midsole for comfort and shock absorption.
- The durable and slip resistant rubber outsole provides exceptional traction.
- This shoe has been approved as a shoe for use by diabetics.
The Columbia Bugaboot is perfect for hiking in the mountain areas and the cold, snowy weather of the European winters.
- Seam-sealed and waterproof leather uppers with lace-up closure and pull on loop ensuring a protective and comfortable fit.
- An injection molded shell foot for added support.
- The 200 grams of insulation provides warmth in temperatures rated below -25 degrees F.
- A comfortable and supportive Techlite midsole.
- The Omni-Grip high Traction rubber outsole provides durability and reliable traction.
- Available in different color designs.
For a comfortable and stylish winter boot that will keep you warm as well as look your best, the Dream Pairs Rabbit is a beautifully designed warm tall boot perfect for any occasion in Europe.
- A tall and stylish looking winter boot with warm faux fur lining that is soft against the skin and faux suede uppers.
- A rounded toe padded collar and a flat heel for a more comfortable fit.
- The lightly cushioned insole provides just enough support and shock absorption.
- Available in Narrow, Medium, Wide and extra wide widths as well as larger women’s sizes.
The Brooks Ghost is an all-weather walking shoe, this model2 sports some gorgeous color options, that are casual but still stylish enough to wear to town or a coffee shop.
- This shoe offers you neutral support for almost any foot type as well as plush cushioning.
- The uppers are engineered with breathable and flexible mesh and synthetic materials, along with a waterproof membrane, so you are kept dry from the inside and outside.
- The full-length crash pad and Omega Flex grooves allow for better and more natural movement, while the crash pad also reduces shock on impact.
- A soft blown rubber outsole ensures excellent grip on a variety of surfaces and similarly provides excellent cushioning.
This hiking boot is particularly aimed at traveling through Europes mountains and hiking terrains, it is a tough and protective hiking boot for the uneven and wet terrain.
- Full grain oiled leather uppers that have a fully waterproof protective membrane.
- The moisture-wicking lining keeps your feet dry and comfortable on the inside.
- The Dura Tread outsole has excellent grip and flex capabilities, while also being self-cleaning.
- Inside there is an ATS footbed that provides good support and prevents foot fatigue.
- For the most comfortable fit, the Ariat Terrain similarly has a padded collar.
I have chosen this sandal from ECCO specifically for very hot weather conditions, and those visits through the towns and streets of Europe, even the beaches.
This sandal can be worn casually or even for a bit more formal events and to town, they are comfortable and cool.
- Soft and comfortable leather uppers that offer the ECCO freedom fit, which gives more room for toes and movement.
- The exclusive Inlay soles have small air holes that pump air in an out as you walk, likewise, it is also Agion treated to prevent odor.
- the Polyurethane and rubber outsole with nylon shank offers excellent grip and stability on a variety of terrain.
- Furthermore, the midsole has an anatomical design that cradles your foot.
- This sandal is similarly adjustable with a velcro strap.
- There are a few stunning color options available that will blend well with any outfit.
Europe is a beautiful place for site seeing and traveling, which means quite a bit of walking. You do not just want comfortable shoes for this experience but also a shoe that is suitable for the terrain and weather conditions.
Therefore we have included a list of shoes for the summer and winter all with the comfort and stability features needed for the uneven and cobblestone terrain that most of Europe have.
Index Table: Top Rated Walking Shoes for Europe
|1||Skechers - Ballet Flat Walking Shoe||Skechers||90|
|2||Vionic - Waterproof Flip Flop Sandal||Vionic||88|
|3||Clarks - Dress Sandal for Walking||Clarks||86|
|4||New Balance - Walking Shoe||New Balance||90|
|5||Propet - Walking Shoe for Europe||Propet||80|
|6||Columbia - Snow Boot for the European Mountains in Winter||Columbia||90|
|7||Dream Pairs - Warm Winter Boots for Europe||Dream Pairs||86|
|8||Brooks - All Weather Sneaker||Brooks||94|
|9||Ariat - Hiking Boot for Travelling Europe||Ariat||90|
|10||ECCO - Summer Sandals for Europes Streets||ECCO||84|
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Some Geography on Europe
- Toursist Attractions in Italy and Europe
- Winter and Summer Wardrobe for Europe
- Features of a Good Walking Shoe for Europe
- Reviews: Best Shoes for Walking in Europe
- 1 Ballet Flat Walking Shoe
- 2 Waterproof Flip Flop Sandal
- 3 Dress Sandal for Walking
- 4 Walking Shoe
- 5 Walking Shoe for Europe
- 6 Snow Boot for the European Mountains in Winter
- 7 Warm Winter Boots for Europe
- 8 All Weather Sneaker
- 9 Hiking Boot for Travelling Europe
- 10 Summer Sandals for Europes Streets
- Index Table: Top Rated Walking Shoes for Europe
I am a Long-distance hiker, a writer and an editor whose favorite topics include backpacking, trail running, boots and various footwear.
Last update on 2020-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API