Since the 90’s skate shoes have become very popular and are not only worn by professional skateboarders but have become a well-known fashion genre. Since skate shoes hit the fashion ramp there has been more dramatic changes over the years in skate shoes than in any other piece of skating equipment.
There have been many trends that have come and gone, but your simple classics like the Vans Era and Converse Chuck Taylor amongst others are constantly revamped.
As with any shoe that you choose the choice depends solely on what makes you comfortable and what your own personal preference is.
Summary Table of Best Skate Shoes Reviews
|1||Vans Unisex Sk8-Hi Reissue - 50th Skate Shoe||Vans||94|
|2||Etnies Women's Jameson 2 - Skate Shoe||Etnies||92|
|3||Osiris Women's NYC 83 SLM - Skate Shoe||Osiris||94|
|4||DC Women's Court Graffik SE - Skate Sneaker||DC||90|
|5||Allstar Converse Unisex Chuck Taylor Ox - Skate Sneaker||Allstar Converse||95|
A Few Interesting Facts About Skateboarding Shoes
Vulcanised or Cupsoles
All soles are mixed in the same way using synthetic and natural rubber compounds. A molded cup sole is heated and pressed at extremely high temperatures where a vulcanized sole is molded and applied to the shoe while the rubber is still soft, whereafter the entire shoe is placed in an oven at a low heat. In the end the choice of the sole is all about what you would like to feel under your feet, a thicker vulcanized sole or a more durable cup sole.
Slim or Bulky Skate Shoes
In the 90’s and early 2000’s days the more bulky and puffy skate shoes took the trend market by storm because they really stood out and made an impression. Today the trend is more about being normal and fitting in so skate shoes have become slimmer and less extravagant. The old classic and iconic styles are still worn today by many although the slimmer fit has become more popular.
High Top and Low Top Skate Shoes
Your choice of a high or low top shoe is entirely your personal fashion style and will depend on how you want to wear your shoe. A high top skate shoe looks better with a pair of skinny jeans or jeggings, while a low top goes well with a bootleg, baggy or flared jeans. A sturdy high top skate shoe can give you some support and protection for your ankles, whereas a low top does not offer quite as much ankle support.
Upper Material Choices
- Full Grain Leather – A natural material that is durable and will break in easily, it may stretch a bit further than you expect so make sure to get a snug fit.
- Suede Leather – Also a natural and durable materials with easy break-in, it tends to break down a bit faster than full grain leather so it is not intended for hard wearing.
- Polyurethane Coated Leather – Retains shape a bit longer and has a smooth and shiny finish, a more durable shoe for everyday wear and walking than for skateboarding.
- Canvas – Canvas holds it shape and will not stretch out like leather or suede, it is not the strongest material, depending on how you wear them.
Top Skate Shoe Reviews
Below is a list compiled of some of the most popular brands and best models of skate shoes available for women, for 2016;1
This is a fantastic shoe for ankle support with its higher top and snug fit. A classic old school shoe that will remain popular. Vans are one of the top names in Skateboarding shoes all over the world.
- A Canvas upper.
- Sturdy rubber sole.
- Cotton drill lining.
- A die-cut EVA midsole for more comfort.
- Vulcanized construction for a slimmer more modern appearance.
- Excellent detail and design.
- Perfect for wearing with any outfit for any occasion.
- Comfortable and a great fit.
- Textile uppers.
- Rubber sole that offers excellent grip.
- The tongue and collar are padded for extra comfort.
- A foam-cushioned footbed.
- A faux-vulc cup sole construction.
- Available in different colours and designs.
- Synthetic and mesh uppers.
- A rubber sole for good grip.
- The shaft measures 4 inches from the arch.
- A padded footbed for great comfort.
- Good ankle support.
- Comfortable and durable.
- A wider fit.
- Available in funky and neon colors and designs.
- Perfect sizing.
- Manufactured from the finest quality leather.
- A rubber sole for excellent grip.
- Cup Sole Construction.
- Added vent holes for breathability.
- Available in white/green/plaid, black, and black/armor/flannel
- The snug fit makes it necessary to take one size up from your normal size.
- Canvas uppers.
- A synthetic sole.
- Lace up closure for a better fit.
- Available in a high and low top.
- A classic and affordable shoe.
- Comfortable and lightweight for everyday wear.
- Make sure to size down as this shoe can be a bit big.
Skate shoes have become a very fashionable trend worn by many women. Skate shoes can complement any outfit and can be worn for any occasion. They make comfortable and lightweight shoes for everyday wear and can be used as work shoes, casual shoes and even as dress shoes.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Summary Table of Best Skate Shoes Reviews
- A Few Interesting Facts About Skateboarding Shoes
- Top Skate Shoe Reviews
- A Canvas upper.