Walking around in the City, you want shoes that are comfortable, yet also fashionable and stylish enough for the public eye.
In general, a walking shoe needs to protect you against impact and offer slip resistance, walking in the city you will mostly be walking on hard floor surfaces that may also become quite slippery.
Elements to Consider for a Walking Shoe in The City
- Floor Surface – In the city, the floor surfaces will differ indoors and outdoors, from hard concrete to tiles or even soft carpeted floors. The one thing to keep in mind is that almost all these floor surfaces are going to be hard on your feet. Besides this other aspect such as sharp objects, loose gravel, wet surfaces, and slippery surfaces need to be considered when walking in the City
Weather – The weather elements also come into play here, as you may be walking in cold and wet weather or even in extremely hot weather conditions. Either way, you will need the right pair of shoes to protect you against weather elements.
Style – The City is a place bubbling with people so you are most definitely going to be seen, and most likely your shoes as well. Keep This in regard to your footwear.
Matching Shoes to Outfit – Make sure you choose a pair of shoes that you can wear with most of the outfits if not all that you are going to be wearing when out and about in the City.
The Impact of Walking on Your Feet
Walking causes strain and tension not only to your feet but to your lower limbs and the rest of your body as well.
When you walk, with every step that you take there is an impact that goes from your feet through your legs and places strain on your joints and muscles.
When wearing shoes that do not provide support this impact with time can cause pain and damage to the joints and muscles, particularly with regular walking or hard surfaces.
Some shoes to avoid when walking are;
- High Heels – Heels are your number one cause of injury not to mention the pain and damage they cause to your feet. So rather than a high or pointy heel opt for a shorter block heel which is much more friendly to your feet.
Flats – Flats offer absolutely no support, so it is much better to go for something with a slight heel and platform than nothing at all.
Narrow Pointy Shoes – These squeeze your toes together in a very uncomfortable position that will lead to bunions and other foot conditions in the end. Make sure your shoes allow ample toe room.
Features of a Great Shoe for Walking in the City
Just because shoes are comfortable and supportive does not mean they are unappealing, there are many comfortable and supportive walking shoes out there that are highly fashionable and stylish that you can opt for, just look for these comfort features;
- Cushioning and arch support.
- A thick and durable outsole, usual rubber with a slight heel or no heel.
- A smooth and comfortable interior lining that will not chafe or irritate your feet.
- Supportive and shock absorbing midsole.
- EVA and memory foam offers excellent cushioning characteristics.
- Slip-resistant patterned outsole tread.
- Smooth and supple leather or synthetic upper materials with breathability characteristics.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Walking in the City
Some superb options in stylish and fashionable wlaking shoes for the City are;
The Keen Presidio is a stylish and elegant looking sneaker, with the addition of waterproof materials, making it ideal for walking in all weather conditions.
- Full-grain Nubuck leather uppers with a waterproof lining.
- Very easy to clean and generally stain resistant.
- A supportive shoe for adventures in the city, with a comfortably cushioned insole.
- Easy lace-up design for a snug and customizable fit.
- Features Cleansport, natural odor control technology, to keep your feet dry and odor free.
- The thick rubber outsole offers exceptional grip.
- A variety of color options are available.
Something much more feminine and fun to wear, the Skechers Sport Mary Jane Flat is the ideal walking shoe for the city with a lightweight and appealing design.
- A Mary Jane Styled Flat with a slight heel for sophistication and stability.
- Thick and durable Rubber Outsole. that ensures only the best in slip resistance and high traction.
- A comfortable and flexible upper design with breathable mesh and synthetic overlays and straps for a secure fit.
- The insole is cushioned and there is a soft moisture-wicking lining.
- Available in many color options to suit all your outfit choices.
These are absolutely lovely, the Venu Celia Loafers have a moccasin toe design that is high fashion today, soft leather uppers, a high grip outsole, and on the plus, they are available in so many fun and neutral color options.
- Soft and supple leather uppers with a moccasin style toe, available in plenty of colors to choose from.
- Very lightweight with an easy slip-on design and a metal bit decoration on the uppers.
- The outsole offers exceptional grip and slip resistance and is thick and shock absorbing.
- Inside the is a plush Memory Foam Insole, for comfort and support.
- These loafers are even great for driving shoes as they offer excellent flexibility and grip.
For every day walking on those unforgiving City pavements and walkways, I would highly recommend the tough and durable Finn Luttich with is sophisticated design.
- Get this gorgeous shoe in either distressed black leather or shiny Muschel pearl color.
- Soft and supple leather uppers with an adjustable strap for the ideal fit.
- Duarble Cement Construction, that will last even in harsh environments and with hard wearing.
- A comfortable insole that allows you the use of your won orthotics.
- The Polyurethane wedge sole offers superb shock absorbency, support, and stability.
Looking for a bit more “bling” and Style, with some height to add to it, these are simply gorgeous and so comfortable.
- A blended leather and mesh upper section for breathability and a customizable flexible fit.
- The leather closure strap offers a snug and comfortable fit and the metallic silver give it a glamorous appeal.
- Inside is a highly breathable microfiber lining, To keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- The heel is slightly elevated to give a bit of height and support with a durable and slip resistant rubber outsole.
- Inside there is a comfortable footbed that will support your feet.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for City Walking
|1||Keen Women's Presidio - City Walking Sneaker||Keen||98|
|2||Skechers Sport Women's MaryJane Flat - City Walking Mary Jane Flat||Skechers Sport||97|
|3||Venus Celia Women's Natural - Comfortable Slip on Shoe for Walking in the City||Venus Celia||99|
|4||Finn Comfort Women's Luttich - City Walking Shoe||Finn Comfort||97|
|5||MINIVOG Women's Sneakers - City walking Shoes||MINIVOG||98|
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Elements to Consider for a Walking Shoe in The City
- The Impact of Walking on Your Feet
- Features of a Great Shoe for Walking in the City
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Walking in the City
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for City Walking