You stand the chance of incurring a foot or ankle injury or suffering from lower limb or foot problems.
Whether you are required to do a lot of walking for work or just enjoy walking as a pass time you will need to make an extra effort to keep your feet and legs healthy and comfortable.
- Orthofeet Best Plantar Fasciitis, Diabetic Shoes. Extended Widths. Proven Relief of Foot and Heel Pain. Top Orthopedic Men’s Sneakers, Sprint Grey
- Orthofeet Best Plantar Fasciitis Shoes. Proven Foot and Heel Pain Relief. Extended Widths. Orthopedic, Diabetic, Bunions Women’s Sneakers, Coral Turquoise
- Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 22 Running Shoe, blue jay-silver 16 D US
- Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 22 Running Shoe, Trade Winds/Teaberry 6 B
Problems from Walking for Extended Periods
Pain and swelling in lower limbs can occur from being on your feet for long periods of time.
Walking can affect your feet, knees, hips, and ankles.
Back pain is also common in people who are on their feet for prolonged hours.
Conditions such as varicose veins, plantar fasciitis, Muscle fatigue, knee, and hip arthritis, bunions, knee problems.
joint damage and stretched Achilles tendons can all occur as a result of standing on your feet too long and too often.
Types of Shoes Good for Walking All Day
Shock Absorption – The most important aspect of a good walking shoe is that it is designed to absorb the maximum amount of shock from the impact on the feet when running or walking.
Weight – A lightweight shoe is equally important because you want as little as possible weight and strain on your feet when you are walking.
Support – A shoe that offers good support and balance, as well as protection and comfort, is also advisable.
Fit – You need to get just the right fit size for your feet. Remember that you want a shoe that will not have any sharp edges or hard stitching that can cause chafing and blisters.
Breathability – An important aspect of preventing excessive sweating and overheating.
Outsole – A shoe with a durable outer sole that will offer you good grip and traction especially on uneven and slippery surfaces.
Reviews: Best Shoes for Walking and Standing All Day
Here are a few of the top rated shoes that have proved themselves to be excellent walking and running shoes;
The Orthofeet Coral is an orthopedic shoe that is perfect to use as a walking shoe, particularly if you have a health condition affecting your feet.
- Features an orthotic insole with anatomical arch support and a cushioned heel pad which conforms to the contours of your feet.
- The Ortho Cushioning system and lightweight sole with air cushioning offer superior comfort and shock absorbency.
- A non-binding extra depth design to accommodate all foot types and conditions.
- Seamless lined mesh and synthetic uppers, that are breathable, flexible and comfortable.
One of the best running shoes for women the Mizuno Wave Rider, because of it’s great features for running it will also make a fantastic walking shoe.
- A lightweight running shoe that will prevent foot fatigue and strain on the feet and lower limbs.
- Made from the finest quality synthetic materials that are lightweight and breathable.
- Features a durable upper shock attenuation.
- A more refined toe spring.
- Premium quality sock liner.
- A durable synthetic sole.
3 Sneakers for Walking and Active Standing
The Skechers Sports Women’s Relaxation Sneak comes power packed with many fantastic features making it a perfect walking shoe that will give you great comfort and durability.
- Made from the finest quality leather and fabric.
- A rubber sole offering good grip.
- The Sole on the Men’s Verse is highly flexible.
- The one-inch heel improves stability and support as well as aiding to absorb shock.
- The Women’s relaxation is a slip-on sneaker with breathable mesh and ghillie eyelets with bungee laces.
- A comfortable memory foam insole.
- The collar is made from a stretch material with zigzag stitching.
- Available in a variety of colors.
New Balance is a brand1 that designs athletic shoes, they do not design shoes to fit an image they design shoes that fit perfectly and that help you to achieve your goals.
The New Balance 928 Walking Shoe has been developed using the best research to give you a shoe that’s the main purpose is to provide you with effective comfort and performance specifically for walking.
- An imported shoe made from the finest quality leather.
- The rubber sole offers excellent grip.
- Some of the model1s have laces others have hook and loops with laces and mesh uppers.
- A compression molded EVA midsole.
- Rollbar technology.
- Dual-density PU inserts for added support.
- Available in four colors.
These are the perfect shoes for all kinds of activities, wet or dry, like rafting, hiking, sailing, walking, or just for casual everyday wear.
- The odor-reducing Aegis Microbe Shield helps to keep your feet dry and reduces odor.
- Made from machine-washable materials.
- The neoprene stretches holding the ankle in place and eliminates break-in time on these shoes.
- The quick draw elastic cord lacing system provides a secure fit holding the sandals in place.
- The compression molded lightweight EVA midsole makes it lightweight, sturdy and durable.
The Saucony ProGrid offers exceptional comfort and support as well as great shock absorbency for people who are on the move all day.
- The forefoot and rearfoot are cushioned and have a Strobel board to reduce impact and improve the gait cycle.
- The ProGrid heel with Respon Technology gives added support and shock absorbency.
- The EVA midsole is compression molded for added comfort and support.
- Breathable and flexible leather uppers for extra comfort.
- An XXTM outsole with added Walk Trac technology for the best traction and grip.
- Different colors available.
- Not just a great walking shoe but also the Best Shoe for Narrow Feet because of its flexible fit.
The Asics Gel Cumulus 20 is an excellent running and walking shoe, particularly for those who have a job or hobby that requires them to walk all day long
- The uppers are made from synthetic materials that ensure good ventilation.
- A shock absorbing rubber sole that ensures a good grip.
- The impact guide system enables the foot to have a natural gait from heel strike to toe-off when walking.
- A Fluid Ride technology system for a combination of bounce back and cushioning that reduces weight and impact on your feet as well as your knees and ankles.
- Rearfoot and forefoot gel cushioning that attenuate shock allowing you to move on multiple planes as your foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- Vertical flex grooves for better traction and an enhanced gait cycle.
- Eliminates and prevents knee pain.
The Merrell Moab Ventilator 2 is a shoe that is made for walking, particularly outdoor adventurous walking. A breathable and well-ventilated shoe that will keep you on your feet all day.
- Walking in these shoes will not affect your knees or feet at all.
- The Slip-resistant, Multi-Sport TC5+, Vibram outsole provides better traction.
- M-select DRY technology keeps the moisture out while keeping the feet well ventilated.
- Because this is a hiking style shoe it is also known as the Best Hiking Shoes for Women.
The Propet Stability Walker is a shoe that is made for walking offering you the best support and stability features with added breathability.
- Soft full grain perforated leather or nubuck uppers.
- A brushed Nylon lining.
- The Speed lacing system ensures an easy and customized fit.
- A comfortable padded tongue and collar.
- A rigid heel counter for durability.
- The removable PU footbed ensures comfort and support.
- An arch-supporting EVA midsole.
- A slip-resistant rubber outsole that offers excellent traction.
These are all-day comfort walking shoes that will reduce foot fatigue and stress on your feet.
- The padded tongue and collar ensure a comfortable and supported fit.
- Durable and breathable synthetic uppers.
- A smooth and comfortable inner lining.
- An anatomical Precise-Return cushioned footbed that absorbs shock and returns energy to the feet, on the Ryka Dash 2.
- A compression molded EVA midsole for support and comfort.
- The Nike Revolution three has a soft foam midsole for responsive cushioning.
- A durable rubber outsole that will prevent slips.
Not only will the listed shoes provide you with the maximum comfort and support they are also durable enough to last you for quite a while.
Index Table: Top Shoes for Standing & Walking All Day
|1||Orthofeet - Walking Shoes||Orthofeet||86|
|2||Mizuno - Athletic Shoe for Walking||Mizuno||92|
|3||Skechers Sport - Sneakers for Walking and Active Standing||Skechers Sport||92|
|4||New Balance - Laced walking Shoe||New Balance||88|
|5||Keen - Comfortable Sandals for Walking||Keen||84|
|6||Saucony - Balanced Standing and Walking Shoe||Saucony||82|
|7||Asics - Walking Shoe for All Day Walking||Asics||88|
|8||Merrell - All Day Walking Shoe||Merrell||92|
|9||Propet - Stability Walking Shoe||Propet||80|
|10||Nike - Shoe for Walking All Day||Nike||90|
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Problems from Walking for Extended Periods
- Types of Shoes Good for Walking All Day
- Reviews: Best Shoes for Walking and Standing All Day
- 1 Walking Shoes
- 2 Athletic Shoe for Walking
- 3 Sneakers for Walking and Active Standing
- 4 Laced walking Shoe
- 5 Comfortable Sandals for Walking
- 6 Balanced Standing and Walking Shoe
- 7 Walking Shoe for All Day Walking
- 8 All Day Walking Shoe
- 9 Stability Walking Shoe
- 10 Shoe for Walking All Day
- Index Table: Top Shoes for Standing & Walking All Day
I am a Long-distance hiker, a writer and an editor whose favorite topics include backpacking, trail running, boots and various footwear.
Last update on 2020-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API