Training shoes are specialized shoes that help you to perform better at a certain sport or recreational activity. Training shoes can be athletic shoes for running and athletics, or a shoe for a specific sport such as tennis or basketball, or a cross training shoe that is suitable for almost any type of sport or fitness training. Today though training shoes are not only worn for their functionality but also for their comfort and fashionability. Training shoes are worn for work purposes, casual outings and as everyday comfort footwear. In this article, we are going to focus on training shoes that have been designed specifically for weight training and the gym in general.
Index Table for the Best shoe for the Gym.
|1||New Balance Women's Fresh Foam Zante - Gym trainer for Running||New Balance||94|
|2||Puma Pulse Women's XT Clash - Cross Training All Purpose Gym Shoe||Puma Pulse||92|
|4||Ryka Vida Women's RZX - Training Shoe for Dance and Cardio Exercises||Ryka Vida||95|
|5||Adidas Performance Women's Adipure 360.2 W - Sweat reducing Cross Training Gym Shoe||Adidas Performance||97|
|6||Reebok Women's Crossfit Lifter Plus 2.0 - Weightlifting Gym Trainer||Reebok||96|
|7||Asics Women's Cumulus 18 - Back Pain Gym Shoes||Asics||98|
Comfort VS Functionality
To enable you to have an ideal workout at the gym, performing at your peak you will need to be comfortable in the gym outfit that you are wearing, especially your gym shoes. Your selection of gym shoe will depend on upon what type of training you are going to be performing mostly, as well as your foot type and comfort requirements.
Keep in mind that you are going to be seen by many people at the gym and on the way there so an attractive and fashionable trainer will help to boost your confidence. Comfort and functionality are vital for best performance in a training shoe.
How will training shoes or sneakers improve your fitness goals
Depending on the different fitness goals that you have you may need more than one pair of fitness shoes for different types of training. You will wear different sneakers or training shoes for heavy lifting than you would for dancing or cardio workouts, for running you will also need a particular shoe. Studies have found that trainers who wear the correct shoe for the particular type of training are less likely to sustain injuries. What you wear on your feet during training will help to improve coordination, speed, and strength for an optimal workout.
What Training Shoe to wear for Different Types of Training.
Athletic Court Shoes
Athletic Training court shoes are suitable if you are going to be taking part in group activities or individual activities such as basketball, tennis, squash or other court sports. Court shoes provide a great deal of lateral and mid-foot support as well as excellent traction and durability.
Running shoes are a good choice for running on the treadmill or other straight running activities. Running shoes provide good support and cushioning to reduce impact but they do not provide much lateral support.
Probably the most versatile and best shoe for someone who likes to take part in different activities at the gym is a cross trainer. You can use a cross trainer for weight training, aerobic and cardio exercises. A cross trainer will provide you with excellent support, shock absorption, cushioning and durability as well as good traction on different surfaces.
For some gym activities such as Cycling, Zumba or Dance Classes and other sports and activities you may need shoes that have been specifically designed for that sport or activity.
Top Reviews on the Best Women’s Gym Shoes
We have researched and compiled a list of the best available training shoes for women who go to the Gym. Each shoe has been picked as the best in its range for its specific capabilities in the type of activity that it is suited for;1
- Breathable synthetic and textile uppers
- A rubber sole for good traction and grip.
- This innovative running shoe features a no-sew upper in dual tone designs.
- Comfortable and attractive heat-welded overlays.
- The Fresh Foam midsole is low to the ground offering superb shock absorption and cushioning.
- The inner booty structure offers an enhanced fit.
- Large variety of colours and designs.
- A deep groove along the length of the bottom of the sneaker helps with easier lateral movement.
- A flat rubber outer sole for extra grip when you need to be grounded but still able to perform lateral movements.
- A midsole that compresses and expands on impact to provide faster reactions and better shock absorption.
- The upper portion of the shoe is made from breathable mesh and synthetic materials.
- A lace-Up closure to ensure a perfect fit.
- Generally, a highly comfortable fit that will stretch and mold to the shape of your foot.
- Available in aquamarine, black, and white, and virtual pink colors.
- A smooth rubber circle is placed under the big toe joint as a pivot point for aerobics and dancing to make twists and turns easier.
- Flexible grooves on the outsole allow you to change direction quickly for fast movements.
- An Extremely lightweight shoe.
- Sandwich mesh upper with synthetic overlays for improved breathability, support, and durability.
- Midsole foam that offers support and helps to increase muscle activation.
- Rubber soles for extra grip and traction.
- Padded Tongue and Collar for a more comfortable and snug fit.
- Lace up closure for a better, adjustable fit.
- Available in five different color variety.
- Open mesh Upper vents for feet that tend to get extra sweaty.
- Rubber soles that improve grip and grounding.
- Seamless air mesh upper also provides extra breathability.
- Irregular patterns on the mesh provide improved breathability as well as support where needed.
- The sole wraps up onto the midfoot to secure the foot during training.
- Flex grooves on the outsole help provide a smooth and natural ride.
- Overall comfort and durability.
- Extreme breathability for women who tend to perspire quite a bit.
- Color variety available.
- A plastic platform heel that helps you to keep your weight back so that you can sink lower when doing squats and keep your balance when getting back up again.
- A heat activated wrap inside the shoe molds to the shape of your foot for a custom fit on the first wear.
- The Hook and Loop straps across the midfoot, as well as a heel clip, allows you to decide on the level of support that you require.
- A padded collar provides extra comfort and support.
- The lining inside the shoe reduces moisture and friction to avoid blisters and improve dryness.
- A comfortable and breathable shoe.
- Available in black, blue and white color variations.
- “Cumulus 18” is one of the Best Shoes for Lower Back Pain Sufferers.
Always take into consideration that you will need a training shoe that provides maximum comfort, breathability while still performing the particular function that it is required for. Sometimes it is necessary to keep more than one pair of training shoes if you do different types of training mainly specialized training such as cycling.
Make sure that you choose a training shoe or sneaker that is not only specific for your training requirements, but that also suits your foot type and pronation for a snug and comfortable fit especially during intense workouts.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Index Table for the Best shoe for the Gym.
- Comfort VS Functionality
- How will training shoes or sneakers improve your fitness goals
- What Training Shoe to wear for Different Types of Training.
- Top Reviews on the Best Women’s Gym Shoes
- New Balance Women's Fresh Foam Zante Gym trainer for Running
- Puma Pulse Women's XT Clash Cross Training All Purpose Gym Shoe
- Ryka Vida Women's RZX Training Shoe for Dance and Cardio Exercises
- Adidas Performance Women's Adipure 360.2 W Sweat reducing Cross Training Gym Shoe
- Reebok Women's Crossfit Lifter Plus 2.0 Weightlifting Gym Trainer
- Asics Women's Cumulus 18 Back Pain Gym Shoes