What is Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome and Related Symptoms
When your Tibial Nerves in the Tarsal Tunnel area of your feet are compressed pain and inflammation occurs on your feet. You will experience a burning sensation, numbness or sharp shooting pain in the affected foot or feet. Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome is much similar to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, which is a nerve condition that affects the hands.
In the case that you may suffer from Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome, you will require comfortable footwear to relieve the pain, aid in recovery and that will not aggravate the condition.
Some Symptoms may include;
- A sharp Shooting Pain in your feet or ankles.
- Numbness and a prickling sensation in the feet.
- A feeling of being pricked by thousands of needles.
- Inflammation and swelling in the feet.
- Pain in the knees and ankles.
Buying the Best Tarsal Tunnel Shoes for Your Feet
When Choosing the Best Footwear for Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome, here are a few guidelines to follow;
- Measure the length and width of your feet during the day before ordering shoes online to get the perfect fit.
- Choose shoes with removable insoles or extra depth design so that you can use your own orthotic devices if necessary.
- Look at recommendations online, or ask family and friends who suffer from the same condition, what shoe brands and models they would recommend.
- Look for reliable brands and models that fit within your budget.
- If you feel pain and discomfort after a while wearing the shoes, then they are most likely not the right fit or brand for you.
- If your condition persists and becomes worst it is always advised to seek medical help.
Features of Good Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Shoe
When selecting footwear for Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome, look out for these key features and characteristics;
- Comfort – Make sure the shoes fit comfortably and snugly without squeezing your feet. A roomy toe box, smooth and comfortable interior linings and a cushioned insole are all key factors contributing to comfort. A padded collar and tongue likewise ensure a more comfortable fit.
Durability – Once you have found the perfect pair of shoes for your foot type and condition, you naturally would ant them to last, so ensure that these shoes are designed to be durable. High-quality materials, a reputable brand, and quality construction are key, even if you have to invest a bit more for long-lasting comfort and pain relief.
Weight – heavy shoes are one of the worst kind when you have Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome, so always look for lightweight construction and materials in a shoe that is easy to walk in.
Fit – make sure you find the perfect length and width, many shoe brands offer different with options that you can select from for your foot type and requirements.
Support – make sure that your shoes accommodate medical orthotics, hence why they should have an extra depth and removable insoles or a footbed. Good arch support, heel support and cushioning is key support factors to look for in a shoe originally.
Insole – The properly cushioned insoles that provide good ARCH and HEEL support will greatly help the healing process in Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome.
Type – you need to make sure that you find the right support and fit in the different varieties of shoes that you require, for work, athletic use, walking, and leisurewear.
Outsole – besides comfort and cushioning stability is likewise important and good traction in the outsole can provide you with just that. Look for a durable rubber outsole that offers good traction and grip.
Reviews: The Best Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Shoes
Here are some superb Choices in footwear if you suffer from Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome;
ASICS Women's Gel-Venture 6 Running-Shoes,Carbon/Black/Pink Peacock,8.5 Medium US - Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Running Shoe
The Asics Gel Venture 6 is a superb running and walking shoe with all the features you require to protect and soothe your feet when you suffer from Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Available in many color and variations to choose from for your own personal preference and style.
- Features a durable and high traction rubber outsole with AHAR high abrasion-resistant rubber.
- Rearfoot and forefoot Gel cushioning and a removable sock liner and insole allowing you the use of your own orthotics.
- The tread on the outsole trail-specific so it is ideal for outdoor walking and running.
- The uppers are flexible, breathable and lightweight.
The Propet TravelActiv Mary Jane flat is a lightweight, cool and casual styled shoe that will provide support as well as accommodation for Orthotic devices.
- Available in many color options to choose from.
- Lightweight and breathable fabric uppers with a thick and durable, shock-absorbing outsole made from high abrasion rubber.
- Perforated uppers for better ventilation with a strap hook and loop closure for an adjustable fit.
- The outsole is lightweight and flexible.
- The footbed can be removed to accommodate your own orthotic devices.
Orthofeet Comfortable 2 Inch Low Heels Bunions Heel Pain Womens Pumps Dress Shoes BioHeels Maya Black - Dress Shoes for Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
For formal events and professional environments, the Orthofeet Maya with its Bio Heel system is a perfect choice.
- Available in a Burgundy or black color option with decorative bow detail.
- There is a cushioned forefoot pad that is removable to prevent heel slippage.
- There is a space underneath the insole which is removable to adjust the fit.
- A non-binding design with soft and stretchable leather uppers and comfortable foam padding.
- BioHeel design for the most comfortable heels.
Dr. Comfort Women's Breeze Diabetic Fisherman Style Sandal: Light Gold 7 Wide (C/D) - Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Fisherman’s Sandals
The dr. Comfort Women’s Breeze is a Diabetic Fishermans Sandal that is likewise ideal for other conditions including Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Soft and comfortable leather uppers with a Fisherman’s sandal design.
- Comes with a Gel plus insole for comfort and cushioning.
- Available in a variety of sizes and width options.
- Extra room to accommodate orthotics.
- Ideal for Plantar Fasciitis, Diabetes, sesamoiditis and Tarsal Tunnel syndrome.
Dr. Scholl's Women's Sheena Wedge Sandal, Moss Green Microfiber Perforated, 9 M US - Wedge Sandal for Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Available in a few neutral colors in the uppers with a basic white outsole.
- A thick and supportive rubber wedge outsole with a slight heel.
- Features an <strong.anatomically designed and contoured, supportive footbed.
- The outsole is scored for extra flexibility and cushioning.
- There is an adjustable ankle strap with a hook and loop closure system.
The perfect walking shoe for Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome would, of course, be the Vionic Walker, which provides orthotic support and accommodates orthotic devices.
- Available in a large range of neutral color options to choose from.
- 100% Genuine and durable leather uppers.
- There is a removable textile-lined EVA cushioned insole, allowing you’re the use of your own orthotic devices.
- A Slight built-in elevation for the better heel to toe strike and transitioning.
- Offers everyday support with a podiatrist-designed built-in footbed and excellent stability features.
Index Table: Top Rated Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Shoes
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- What is Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome and Related Symptoms
- Buying the Best Tarsal Tunnel Shoes for Your Feet
- Features of Good Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Shoes
- ASICS Women's Gel-Venture 6 Running-Shoes,Carbon/Black/Pink Peacock,8.5 Medium US - Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Running Shoe
- Propet Women's TravelActiv Mary Jane Flat, Black/Navy Heather, 5.5 Medium - Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Walking Shoe
- Orthofeet Comfortable 2 Inch Low Heels Bunions Heel Pain Womens Pumps Dress Shoes BioHeels Maya Black - Dress Shoes for Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dr. Comfort Women's Breeze Diabetic Fisherman Style Sandal: Light Gold 7 Wide (C/D) - Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Fisherman’s Sandals
- Dr. Scholl's Women's Sheena Wedge Sandal, Moss Green Microfiber Perforated, 9 M US - Wedge Sandal for Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Vionic Women's Walker Classic Shoes, 9 B(M) US, White/Blue - Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Walking Sneaker
- Index Table: Top Rated Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Shoes
Last update on 2020-04-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API