There are so many activities and physical attributes that can place you ate the risk of developing Shin Splints.
Although you will hear from many that there is no shoe that can aid with Shin Splints or cure them, which in some terms is true, a proper fitting and supportive shoe WILL, relieve the symptoms, PREVENT Further Damage and PREVENT the Occurrence of Shin Splints!
In this article, I will help you determine the best shoe type to prevent Shin Splints, and the best shoe types for good support and pain relief if you already have Shin Splints.
What are Shin SplintsWhen you feel a sharp pain shooting down the front side of your lower leg, you most likely have a Shin Splint. This sharp pain occurs on the lower leg shin, right between your knee and ankle.
Shin Splints are most common among individuals who engage in moderate or heavy physical activities, such as stop-start sports types, tennis, soccer or basketball where there is much strain percent.
The pain from Shin Splints can be either moderate or so severe that you may need to stop activities for a while completely.
Shin Splints, in the end, are a more cumulative stress disorder that builds up with time and many strenuous activities.
The repeated pounding and stress on your bones, muscles, and joints, from these activities, prevents your body from naturally repairing itself and restoring to a healthy state.
Some Main Causes of Shin SplintsThe pain that is associated with Shin Splints, is a result of excessive amounts of force on your shin bones, as well as the tissues and muscles surrounding it.
This excessive force causes the muscles to swell and place pressure on the shin bones, which leads to pain and inflammation.
In turn, a Shin Splint may also result from a stress reaction to something such as a bone fracture or injury. When not allowed to rest tiny fractures or stress fractures will end up in a complete bone fracture.
As I have mentioned above, strenuous activity that places pressure on your lower limbs constantly, is the main culprit when it comes to Shin Splints.
How will Good Walking or Running Shoes Help Prevent and Alleviate Shin Splints
- Good forefoot and heel cushioning help to resist impact which can cause shin Splints.
- Ample cushioning is ideal if you have shin splints.
- Advanced support and stabilizing characteristics aid to stabilize your feet which in turn will prevent Shin Splints, or Pain.
- Correcting pronation issues is also advantageous, in this case DNA or AMP midsole cushioning and motion control features can help.
- Ample force dispersion helps to lessen the impact on your feet and lower limbs.
- A proper and comfortable fit in any situation is ideal in a running shoe!
Features of a Good Walking and Running Shoe for Shin Splints
- Gel, EVA or Memory Foam Cushioning.
- Good shock absorbency.
- Even weight dispersion.
- A comfortable and stretchable fit.
- A supportive and shock absorbing midsole and durable rubber outsole.
- Good breathability features.
Reviews: The Top Brands of Running and walking Shoes for Shin Splints
The Asics Gel Kayano 25 features the latest in running shoe technology for the Gel Kayano range. With superb cushioned comfort, shock absorbency and a much better fit, Shin Splints should not be an issue with this exceptional running shoe.
- The ideal choice to prevent overpronation and improve stability.
- High energizing and supportive cushioning system.
- A FluidFit, with multi-directional stretch mesh and synthetic reinforcements for an adaptable and flexible fit.
- The plush tongue and collar ensure a more comfortable and snug fit.
- A breathable fabric lining and Ortholite sockliner for dry comfort, and underfoot support and protection.
- Available in many colors to choose from.
A leading brand with its latest model, the Hurricane ISO 5. This is a superior running shoe, with the best in innovative technology to provide you cushioned support and a snug fit, ideal for overpronation.
- Excellent Overpronation support and motion control.
- Plush and comfortable cushioning.
- A breathable mesh upper construction with ISOFIT technology, featuring a soft inner sleeve and floating support cage.
- Plush and comfortable tongue and collar.
- An Everun midsole under the heel for shock absorbency and energy return.
A breathable and lightweight, mesh upper sneaker style running shoe from Adidas, perfect for women who suffer from shin splints.
- Lightweight and breathable mesh uppers wrapped in Primeknit material for adaptive support.
- The Fitband ensures natural flexibility and likewise keeps your feet in the perfect position.
- A Torsion System between the heel and forefoot for additional stability.
- The comfortable and breathable textile inner lining keeps your feet dry and odor free.
- A stretched outsole that flexes naturally with high traction Continental rubber for superior traction.
- Dual-Density Boost cushioning for a responsive ride.
The perfect running shoe, for every occasion, the Brooks Bedlam offers you superior comfort and support with a snug and secure fit.
- Premium Knit uppers with a hammock saddle for a secure and comfortable fit, and superb breathability.
- Available in some stunning color design options to choose from.
- Energy returning DNA cushioning and ideal shock absorbency.
- The innovative guide rail system ensures better foot alignment and stability.
- A high traction durable rubber outsole.
The Asics Gel range is one of the most popular ranges in running shoes, particularly when it comes to better fit and support. The Gel Nimbus 21 is the latest model in this range with some superior, improved features that are ideal for preventing Shin Splints.
- An AHAR outsole that is super durable and abrasion resistant.
- Reflective materials for better visibility in low light.
- A heel clutching system for better support and fit.
- Plus three Midsole technology that aids in relieving Achilles tension.
- Flytefoam lightweight cushioned midsole.
In ConclusionIs there anything worse than dealing with the constant pain Shin Splints can cause, and not being able to enjoy running or any other activities.
As I have mentioned before, these shoes will definitely aid in providing pain relief caused by Shin Splints, and preventing Shin Splints for developing initially.
With less pressure on your feet and a more supportive shoe, you will likewise heal faster without having to give up what you love.
Index Table: Best Running Shoes for Shin Splints
|1||Asics Women's Gel-Kayano 25 - Shin Splint Relief Running Shoe||Asics||98|
|2||Saucony Women's Hurricane ISO 5 - Overpronation Running and Walking Shoe for Shin Splints||Saucony||98|
|3||Addidas Women's Ultraboost ST - Shin Splint Breathable Running Shoe||Addidas||97|
|4||Brooks Women's Bedlam - Stability Walking Shoe for Shin Splints||Brooks||97|
|5||Asics Women's Gel Nimbus 21 - Running Shoe for Shin Splint Prevention||Asics||99|
Table of Contents
- What are Shin Splints
- Some Main Causes of Shin Splints
- How will Good Walking or Running Shoes Help Prevent and Alleviate Shin Splints
- Features of a Good Walking and Running Shoe for Shin Splints
- Reviews: The Top Brands of Running and walking Shoes for Shin Splints
- Asics Women's Gel-Kayano 25 Shin Splint Relief Running Shoe
- Saucony Women's Hurricane ISO 5 Overpronation Running and Walking Shoe for Shin Splints
- Addidas Women's Ultraboost ST Shin Splint Breathable Running Shoe
- Brooks Women's Bedlam Stability Walking Shoe for Shin Splints
- Asics Women's Gel Nimbus 21 Running Shoe for Shin Splint Prevention
- In Conclusion
- Index Table: Best Running Shoes for Shin Splints