Pregnancy is generally accompanied by plenty of changes in the musculoskeletal system, which is particularly eminent in the spine and lower extremities.
Taking care of your feet when pregnant, by wearing the correct footwear can make a huge difference in comfort and injury prevention.
How Pregnancy Affects your Feet and Lower LimbsDurning pregnancy, you do not only get to look forward to a body and feet that aches all over, but likewise feet and other body parts that will become permanently changed
- The length, width, and arches of your feet will change, and become longer, wider and flatter. In the end, you may end up with feet that are permanently longer and wider, and a flat arch.
- The joints in your entire body are going to become laxer as you progress through pregnancy, causing instability, and gaining weight can worsen your instability.
- Along with your calves and the rest of you, your feet will swell and ache, which can make it painful to walk or stand.
Staying off Your Feet During PregnancyIf there is one piece of advice I could give you during your last trimester in pregnancy, it is to STAY OFF YOUR FEET!!!
Relax and lie down, make sure you eat healthy and not too much, as weight gain must be kept under wraps.
Staying off your feet will reduce pain and swelling, and prevent damage to your joints. Likewise, you will want to be well rested before the baby comes, as, after that, there is no rest for a very long time!!
The Best Shoes for Pregnancy
During pregnancy I would not advise going bare feet, but the wrong type of shoes can be just as hazardous.
Obviously, you will need to stay away from heeled shoes, though flat shoes that offer no support are just as precarious. Make sure that you opt for a flat shoe that is well cushioned and has a thick, slip-resistant outsole to prevent slips.
You will also need to consider that your feet are going to swell immensely,, therefore, a flexible shoe, or shoe with a wider fit is ideal. You can similarly consider going up a size or a half.
Lastly, let’s not forget about mobility, eventually you will not be able to reach your feet at all, so slip-on’s and slide-ins are the way to go.
Reviews: The Best Shoes to Wear When Pregnant
The Propet Travelactiv is a walking shoe, that offers every feature you will need for swollen and aching feet, roomy and flexible toe area, a comfortable fit and breathability to keep your feet cool.
- A lightweight and flexible outsole manufactured from rubber for good slip resistance.
- Breathable mesh and synthetic uppers with a more flexible fit that will stretch as necessary.
- The footbed is removable and well cushioned, offering excellent support and comfort where you need it the most.
- Available in a variety of stunning colors to choose from.
Crocs offer shoes that are soft and comfortable with a wider and adjustable fit, ideal for swollen feet and the discomforts associated with pregnancy.
- A wider fit with a heel strap for a more secure fit, or without for an easy slip on and off fit.
- A durable rubber sole with offers good slip resistance.
- Manufactured from soft foamy, quick drying, odor resistant materials that are comfortable and supportive.
- Breathable ventilation ports to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- Available in every color you can imagine.
This gorgeous dress flat from Aerosoles will have you walking on the clouds. An ideal shoe for an evening out, that will keep you comfortable and well supported.
- Durable and soft uppers with buckle detail and stitch and turn technology.
- A very slight heel for a touch of sophistication.
- A few color options available that you can consider.
- There is double padded memory foam inside to offer plush cushioning.
- A durable, slip-resistant diamond, patterned outsole.
For winter pregnancies, there is nothing like the classic UGG boot with its warm lining and soft and supple leather. Also ideal to wear to occasions such as shopping, meeting friends, plus they are a great fashion statement.
- The uppers are manufactured from pure sheepskin with a twin face wool on the inside and suede on the outside.
- Very flexible and supple allowing more than enough toe and foot room, and flexible comfort.
- A Treadlite, lightweight rubber outsole for better grip.
- The leather is pre-treated to be water and stain resistant.
- Available in a few color options to choose from.
Looking for a comfortable everyday wear and walking shoe, well then the Orthofeet orthotic sneaker is just what you need. An orthotic sneaker that looks good, and also keeps you comfortable.
- A contoured orthotic insole with anatomical arch support and a gel padded heel.
- The sole is ergonomically designed with air cushioning pockets.
- Helps to alleviate heel pain and soften your steps.
- A durable slip resistant outsole, that offers good grip on most floors.
- The uppers are breathable, lightweight and the shoe offers a more roomy fit.
Birkenstocks are sandals that offer a soft and comfortable cork footbed to soften the impact on your feet, along with adjustable softly lined buckle straps, a great fit for wider feet.
- The uppers straps are made from soft genuine leather with adjustable metal pin buckles for a customizable fit.
- The footbed is anatomically shaped with cork-latex and a microfiber lining, for dry and comfortable feet.
- The sole is cushioned with EVA and has a tough and slip-resistant tread, to prevent slips and trips.
- Available in many color options to choose from, that will brighten your day.
In ConclusionWomen undergo many changes during pregnancy, which also puts them at greater risk for developing arthritis and pain in their knees, hips feet, and spines. You may be aching all over, and generally feeling heavy and uncomfortable during your last trimester, so take good care of yourself.
The least any women can do in this regard is to ensure that she is wearing the right footwear!
Index Table: The Best Pregnancy Shoes
|1||Propet Women's Travelactiv - Slip On Walking Shoe||Propet||96|
|2||Crocs Women's Classic Clogs - Comfortable Shoes for Pregnancy||Crocs||97|
|3||Aerosoles Women's A2 - Ballet Flats for Pregnant Women||Aerosoles||97|
|4||UGG Women's Classic - Ankle Boot for Pregnant Women||UGG||96|
|5||Orthofeet Women's Coral - Orthotic Pregnancy Sneakers||Orthofeet||98|
|6||Birkenstock Women's Arizona - Sandal for Pregnant Women||Birkenstock||97|
Table of Contents
- How Pregnancy Affects your Feet and Lower Limbs
- Staying off Your Feet During Pregnancy
- The Best Shoes for Pregnancy
- Reviews: The Best Shoes to Wear When Pregnant
- Propet Women's Travelactiv Slip On Walking Shoe
- Crocs Women's Classic Clogs Comfortable Shoes for Pregnancy
- Aerosoles Women's A2 Ballet Flats for Pregnant Women
- UGG Women's Classic Ankle Boot for Pregnant Women
- Orthofeet Women's Coral Orthotic Pregnancy Sneakers
- Birkenstock Women's Arizona Sandal for Pregnant Women
- In Conclusion
- Index Table: The Best Pregnancy Shoes