No one needs good quality, comfortable shoes more than a nurse. Nurses work extremely long shifts, and they are on their feet almost all the time and are rushing around from patient to patient.If a nurse does not wear, the correct footwear her feet and body will be in an enormous amount of pain by the time she finally gets home to rest. Nurses suffer from back pain, shin splints, numbness and other physical aches as a result of shoes that fit improperly or are not made according to standards.
Index Table for The Best Shoes for Nurses
|1||Dansko Women's Professional - Tooled Clog for Nurses||Dansko||92|
|2||Crocs Women's Mercy - Work Clog for Nurses||Crocs||94|
|3||Cherokee Women's Patricia - Comfortable Shoe for Nurses||Cherokee||95|
|4||Skechers Women's Premium-Premix - Slip-On Shoes for Nurses||Skechers||96|
|5||Timberland Women's Renova - Professional Nursing Slip On Shoe||Timberland||98|
|6||Propet Women's W3851 - Wash and Wear Nursing Shoes||Propet||94|
|7||Saucony Women's ProGrid Integrity ST2 - Wide Width Shoe for Nurses||Saucony||94|
What is the Main Goal of a Nursing Shoe
The most important function of any nursing shoe is long lasting and optimal comfort.
A nurse’s feet needs to be properly cushioned and the ankles, knees, hips and back need to be completely supported. A nurse has a hard enough time dealing with anxious patients and their family, doctors breathing down their necks and getting along with their co-workers on a daily basis the last thing that a nurse needs is shoes that are uncomfortable and does not provide the proper support. Luckily there are many options of shoes available today that are comfortable and stylish as well as of the highest quality made especially for nursing.
You will allow your feet to feel comfortable and pain-free during your entire work shift by making the best choice in nursing shoes for yourself.
The Best Available Nursing Shoes
Here are a few excellent choices for Nursing shoes that are durable and will give you all the required comfort and support for working on your feet all day;1
- Designed specifically for those individuals with higher arches.
- Every step will be lighter and more comfortable because of the lightweight design.
- Perfectly complements orthopedic inserts.
- A polyurethane rubberized material was sued to manufacture the lining and sole of the shoe making it liquid proof and improving its durability.
- Because nurses feet have a tendency to become swollen the shoe has been designed to have more room .
- For extra shock absorbency and stability, the platform and heel are raised just a few inches off the floor.
- The thick polyurethane soles and detailed traction at the bottom of the shoe are safety features especially installed for use on wet or dry floors.
- Very detailed designs and a large variety of colors and patterns is the Dansko range.
- This shoe is an all-time favorite that works very well for both work and socializing.
- A perfect shoe for those who work in hospitality and health care industries.
- Designed with footbed nubs for extra comfort.
- Improved grip and slip prevention because of the Croc Lock treaded soles.
- Comfortable and durable rubber is used to manufacture the round rubber sole.
- With a platform measuring half an inch from the floor and a shaft measuring 2 inches from the arch the shoe is more stable and absorbs more shock.
- Many different colors and designs to choose from to suit your own personal style and preference.
- Available in different colors and patterns for your personal preference.
- The shoe is made from very durable material and can withstand all the elements that go along with working as a nurse.
- The upper part of the shoe is manufactured from a soft and comfortable leather that is very durable.
- The collar of the shoe is padded for it to fit snugly around your feet.
- For those extra-long shifts, there is a lining inside the shoe that absorbs moisture keeping your feet dry and fresh.
- The outsole is lightweight and flexible and will help prevent slips.
- The outsole is very durable and will last through many long shifts.
- One and a quarter inch heel to absorb shock and improve stability.
- This is an easy to wear shoe as it is a slip on and can be easily put on and taken off.
- Made with smooth leather uppers with a soft lining for cushioning and support as well as a comfortable and snug fit.
- These shoes have no rough patches that will cause abrasion to your feet or ankles during prolonged wear.
- There is also extra cotton padding on the collar and the tongue for more comfort.
- An elastic has been inserted in the front panels to make these shoes easy to put on and to take off.
- A 1-inch platform and 1 and ½ inch heel provides extra cushioning and aids in absorbing shock.
- The excess room inside the shoe helps to envelop the foot in a better position and provides a softer step for long days.
- The EVA insole provides extra padding and cushioning for the ultimate soft support and comfort.
- The outsoles are made from very high-quality rubber that will not mark white floors and also provides for great grip on hospital floors that can become very slippery.
- These shoes have been designed specifically with nurses and medical professionals in mind.
- Full grain leather upper for comfort and a perfect fit.
- The full grain leather upper provides a comfortable and snug fit.
- The soles are made from durable and sturdy rubber with great traction which is an added safety feature to the shoes that can be worn safely on slippery floors.
- Two-inch heels and half an inch platform ensure good shock absorption and stability.
- The shape of the shoe will conform to the natural movement of your feet as you walk.
- The shoe generates a heel to toe rocking movement to reduce stress and strain on the feet and arches.
- The shoe is abrasion, slip and oil-resistant because of the Timberland Pro urethane soles.
- A special tread pattern is equipped with safe Grip technology to offer traction on wet and dry surfaces.
- Soft and flexible leather uppers that are very easy to clean.
- A durable rubber outsole for good grip and traction on slippery surfaces.
- An EVA midsole that reduces shock and cushions the feet.
- Internal and external heel counters for added support.
- The removable cushioned orthotic insert improves comfort and support.
- A lightweight, breathable and durable shoe.
- One of the Best Walking Shoes for Elderly Women.
- Available in six different colors.
- The forefoot features full grain leather uppers and a stretch zone for a better fit.
- The forefoot and rearfoot are cushioned and has a Strobel board assisting with the gait cycle.
- The EVA midsole is compression molded and has a Heel ProGrid system with Respon-Tek technology for the best shock absorption.
- An XXTM 900 outsole with walk Trac technology gives you advanced grip and traction.
- Available in three color designs.
- The Best Wide Width Walking Shoe that offers great comfort and support to all nurses.
All of these options make perfect choices for anyone working in the nursing or medical field; they comply with the most important standards when it comes to the requirements of footwear for nursing which is comfort, safety, and durability.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Index Table for The Best Shoes for Nurses
- What is the Main Goal of a Nursing Shoe
- The Best Available Nursing Shoes
- Dansko Women's Professional Tooled Clog for Nurses
- Crocs Women's Mercy Work Clog for Nurses
- Cherokee Women's Patricia Comfortable Shoe for Nurses
- Skechers Women's Premium-Premix Slip-On Shoes for Nurses
- Timberland Women's Renova Professional Nursing Slip On Shoe
- Propet Women's W3851 Wash and Wear Nursing Shoes
- Saucony Women's ProGrid Integrity ST2 Wide Width Shoe for Nurses