Long dresses particularly maxi dresses and skirts are the type of clothing that accentuates a woman’s femininity and female charm. There are a few basic know-hows on wearing a long dress or skirt to look your best wherever you are. Long dresses can be worn both formally and casually but tend to have an appearance more on the smart and formal side. It is vital to pick shoes that complement your long dress not just in color but also in style.
Index table for the Best Shoes for Long Dresses
|1||Vionic Women's Orthaheel Eve - Flip Flop Sandals to Wear with Long Dresses||Vionic||96|
|2||Billabong Women's Crossing Over - Flat Sandal For Dresses||Billabong||92|
|3||Allegra Women's K - Chunky Heel Shoe for Dresses||Allegra||95|
|4||Forever Women's Mango 21 - Dress Friendly Zip Up Riding Boot||Forever||94|
|5||Skechers Women's Bobs Flexpadrilles - Espadrilles to Wear with Long Dresses||Skechers||98|
|6||Top Moda Women's Lindy-3 - Platform Wedge Sandals for Long Dresses||Top Moda||94|
Advantages of Long Dresses and Skirts
Dresses particularly long dresses are a classic item that never goes out of fashion they can be worn for formal events and even for a casual outing. There are both summer and winter style long dresses available so you can wear them in any season although a dress is better suited for warmer weather conditions. A long dress can give an illusion of length to shorter women especially when worn with a pair of heeled or wedge shoes; long dresses also have a slimming effect. Some cultures and religions prefer that their women wear long dresses mostly to cover up sensual parts of the body. A long dress can also help hide small flaws on the legs as well as an injury or prosthetics.
The best Types of Shoes to Wear With Long Dresses
Flats sandals complement a long dress quite well and are particularly suited to very tall women. Flat sandals such as gladiator sandals, strappy sandals, and toe post sandals are all very flattering. Add a bit of rhinestone and bling to the sandal and you have a gorgeous dress sandal.
A pair of wedges give you a little bit of extra height and go really well with any long dress your skirt. They look chic, and there are many casual and formal styles to choose from.
For a casual day at the beach or even a less formal outing you can always match your long dress with a stylish and sporty pair of flip flop sandals.
A more formal choice would be a pair of high heels, for the benefit and health of your feet opt for chunky heels. A pair of heels will give you added height and improves the slimming effect.
Espadrilles are funky, creative and colorful shoes that are comfortable to wear. There are so many different styles and colors to chooses from you will most definitely find a pair that is perfect for your preference and any occasion.
Dress boots and tall boots bet complement a long dress in the winter, they look classy and will keep your legs warm at the same time.
The best Shoes to Wear with Long Dresses
We have researched and reviewed some great choices of shoes that you can wear with your long dress;
- Polyurethane uppers with faux jewelry decorations and soft webbing toe post for style and comfort.
- A Podiatrist-designed biomechanical footbed with deep heel cups reduces pressure on the feet, knees and ankles.
- An EVA midsole that is flexible and lightweight.
- An EVA outsole with a microfiber pattern tread covering for better footing and slip prevention.
- The Orthaheel technology helps to ease heel pain and knee pain as well as providing all day comfort.
- Braided vegan leather upper straps with a slouchy panel at the backstrap for a comfortable fit.
- A lightly padded footbed for comfort and support.
- EVA outsole that offers support and good grip while remaining durable and long lasting.
- Lightweight and feminine with a touch of class.
- A chunky mid heel that offers more support and puts less strain on your feet and ankles.
- The padded nonslip insole keeps your feet dry and comfortable.
- An adjustable ankle strap gives you a more customized fit.
- Open toe design perfect for warmer weather conditions.
- Available in a large variety of colors to complement any color and dress style.
- A durable rubber sole that offers good grip on wet and slippery surfaces.
- This boot is knee high to protect and keep your legs warm and comfortable.
- The side zip allows for easy on and off and is also a fashionable feature.
- The slight heel and platform provide extra support and stability.
- Available in a variety of colors.
- Available in a range of fabric, linen, woven, denim or canvas uppers.
- A durable synthetic sole that will ensure good footing.
- A slight heel and platform for added support and stability.
- Many colors and designs are available.
- Comfortable, durable and chic.
- Open toe and Strap construction at the vamp for an easy and comfortable fit.
- The wedge heel and platform offer stability and support.
- The platform is covered for a more stylish appearance and durability.
- Detailed stitching enhances the chic and fashionable appearance.
- A padded footbed for comfort and support.
So whatever your preference there is a shoe available for you that will perfectly complement your style of long dress or skirt. Whether its flats, summer or winter shoes that you require there is a style of shoe that is suited to long dresses both casual and formal.
Table of Contents
- Index table for the Best Shoes for Long Dresses
- Advantages of Long Dresses and Skirts
- The best Types of Shoes to Wear With Long Dresses
- The best Shoes to Wear with Long Dresses
- Vionic Women's Orthaheel Eve Flip Flop Sandals to Wear with Long Dresses
- Billabong Women's Crossing Over Flat Sandal For Dresses
- Allegra Women's K Chunky Heel Shoe for Dresses
- Forever Women's Mango 21 Dress Friendly Zip Up Riding Boot
- Skechers Women's Bobs Flexpadrilles Espadrilles to Wear with Long Dresses
- Top Moda Women's Lindy-3 Platform Wedge Sandals for Long Dresses