When it comes to Kayaking shoes for women there is nothing that is too specific, in general a good water shoe or aqua sock type shoe can do the trick.
Most Kayaking safe shoes however, are made from neoprene and should be flexible for easy movement in and out of the Kayak.
In general, you do need the proper shoes for Kayaking, whether you are a beginner or expert, in order to give you the safest and most comfortable experience
Dressing Tips for KayakingA day out Kayaking can fast become very uncomfortable, even unbearable if you are not properly prepared or wearing the right gear. There are so many factors to consider when planning your day out Kayaking;
- You need to make sure what the weather forecast for the day is, and wear clothing suitable for protection for the specific weather conditions, such as thermal clothing for cold and wet weather, or cooler clothing for a hot sunny day that offers UV protection.
- Cotton is the worst material to wear, it absorbs water and will stay wet. Rather opt for polyester, fleece, or Gore-Tex materials that dry quickly.
- Dress in layers, and invest in a good paddle jacket that is lightweight, wearing breathable stay dry layers of clothing underneath.
- Make sure the shoes that you are wearing offer a snug fit and will not come off your feet. A water shoe is ideal, and at all costs stay away from flip flops.
- They are recommended, as they tend to come off your feet in the water easily and the soles are often slippery.
- Head protection against the sun, wind and cold, is crucial, so wear a hat or beanie specific to the weather conditions.
- Always pack a change of clothes and a towel, because the chances of getting wet on a Kayaking trip are almost certain.
Choosing the Best Shoe Type for Kayaking
When it comes to Kayaking you need to choose the proper shoes for the activity, with your own comfort preferences in regard, as well as the weather conditions.
Here are a few options to consider
- Water Shoes are ideal, just make sure they have water resistant materials that will shed water, rather than retain it, as they can become quite heavy if they don’t.
- Lightweight Neoprene boots with a thick rubber sole are ideal for the more advanced and frequent Kayaker, as they add protection against rocks and debris, while keeping water out. However they can get pretty hot on a sunny day.
- Sandals are ideal, because they shed water and don’t hold any weight, although make sure they are water specific, outdoor sandals.
Kayak Shoe Features
- Water resistance is key, or easy water shedding capabilities.
- Breathable mesh or waterproof uppers.
- Fast Drying Materials.
- Adjustable fit such as Velcro straps, Bungee Lacing, or normal lacing.
- A comfortable and supportive footbed.
- Durable and thick outsole for protection against rocks and debris.
- The correct snug and comfortable fit.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Kayaking
The Ryka Hydro Sports Cross Trainer is a water shoe with quick drying and anti-slip properties, ideal for sports such as Kayaking.
- Synthetic and mesh upper construction for breathability and quick drying capabilities.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- The material is Chlorine resistant.
- Webbing midfoot cage for medial and lateral support when you need it the most.
- Available in a few color options to choose from.
The Atika Maya is a trail walking sandal with were friendly characteristics that is perfect for use when Kayaking or on boat trips.
- Shock padding along the adjustable Velcro straps and straps of the shoe.
- The Velcro straps allow you the most comfortable and snug, customized fit.
- A 3D mold, contoured footbed for better support, and cushioned long-lasting comfort.
- Trekking grip outsole, for improved traction and grip on hard and slippery surfaces.
- A few color options are available for your perusal.
The Aleander Water shoe is a lightweight, mesh slip-on water shoe that is quick drying, comfortable and ensures excellent grip on wet and slippery surfaces.
- Features breathable and durable air mesh uppers that allow your feet to breathe and are quick drying.
- A Solyte midsole ensures lightweight bounce-back and cushioned support.
- The water draining outsole offers superior traction in wet conditions.
- A ComforDry sockliner to provide optimal cushioning and a drier, healthier foot environment.
- Available in many color options to choose from.
The Merrell All Out Blaze is a tough and all out hiking and water shoe, perfect for tough terrain and wet conditions.
- Textile uppers with a Merrell Omni-Fit lacing system for a precise glove-like fit.
- A breathable moisture wicking inner lining to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- The Molded TPU heel counter adds excellent stability, particularly for those slippery and unstable surfaces.
- A Bellow tongue to keep out debris and sand, for long lasting comfort.
- A lug and durable Vibram outsole that ensures excellent grip.
- Available in a few color options that you can pick from.
A highly versatile, beach, hiking and water sandal that is perfect for water sports such as Kayaking and river rafting. Available in some stunning ladylike colorful design options with a sporty fashion style.
- Features a rubber and leather blend outsole.
- A closed toe sandal with a lycra mesh lining and Velcro straps for a better fit.
- Protective rubber toe cap and a slip resistant outsole, for durable protection and comfort.
- Excellent arch support and a shock absorbing EVA midsole.
- A comfortable anti-hydrolysis PU upper with breathable air vents, to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- The ideal outdoor water sandals, perfect for Kayaking trips.
Having the right shoes for Kayaking can make or break your day out on the open waters.
The most important aspects to always remember in good Kayaking shoes is; quick-drying materials, lightweight construction, and slip-resistant, protective outsole.
The shoes I have chosen are some of the top brands in water Shoes, and Kayaking shoes with all the ideal features you will need for the best experience.
Index Table: The Best Women’s Kayaking Shoes
|1||Ryka Women's Hydro Sport - Kayaking Cross Trainer||Ryka||97|
|2||Atika Women's Mya - Trail Sandal for Kayaking||Atika||96|
|3||Aleander Women's Water Shoe - Slip on Kayak Shoe||Aleander||97|
|4||Merrell Women's All Out Blaze - Hiking and Water Shoe for Kayaking||Merrell||97|
|5||Clorts Women's Amphibious - Kayaking Sandals||Clorts||97|
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Dressing Tips for Kayaking
- Choosing the Best Shoe Type for Kayaking
- Kayak Shoe Features
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Kayaking
- Last Words
- Index Table: The Best Women’s Kayaking Shoes