If you have wondered about it, then yes, there are appropriate footwear types and inappropriate footwear types to wear for Rope Jumping.
Whether you do it as a sport, professionally or as a beginner or just as a form of exercise or recreation, wearing proper shoes for Rope Jumping is vital for protection against injuries and overuse injuries, as this is a high impact practice.
Jumping Rope as a Workout
The popularity of Rope Jumping has literally exploded over the past few years. Rope Jumping is one of the oldest forms of training and is excellent for fitness and ability levels in athletes and sportsmen and women.
Here are a few of the simple Rop Jumping benefits that you can expect;
- Boosts Fat Burning – You can easily burn roughly around1,300 calories per hour from Rope Jumping, and there have been case studies to prove this!
Increases Muscle Engagement – You engage more muscle groups during rope jumping, and therefore there is an increase in muscle strength and building when you do Rope Jumps.
Better Cardio – Rope Jumping increases your heart rate up to three times faster than any other exercise routine and offers similar benefits to aerobics, with less impact on the joints.
Improves Mental Alertness – Jumping Ropes helps to develop the left and right hemispheres of your brain to enhance spatial awareness, improve reading skills, and enhance overall mental alertness.
Fun and Easy – Jumping Ropes is a fun, exhilarating and relatively easy way to effectively achieve all your fitness goals and improve your health and overall well being.
Why You Need Shoes for Jumping Rope and What To Look For
As with any other sport or activity, you need the right tools for the job, and with Jumping Rope that includes proper footwear. Wearing improper shoes will not only impact the effectiveness and overall experience of Jump Roping, but it will affect your rhythm and can lead to injuries lie shin splints and ankle injuries.
A Good Jumping Rope shoe should protect you from injuries, absorb shock when your feet strike the ground, keep your feet comfortable when you train, as well as look appealing.
Here are few general Tips in Choosing the Right Jump Rope Shoes;
- Personal Preference – Choose something that is comfortable for you to wear, what you like, wearing and feel good in and that is appealing to you.
Support – Look for good ankle and arch support in general, find out if you have a low, high, or neutral arch in order to get the right type of support for your specific arch type.
Comfort – Cushioning and smooth interior linings provide comfort, as well as features such as breathability and flexibility.
Stability – Stability features are ideal to protect your ankles and heels, as well as to prevent excessive pronation.
Shock Absorbency – A cushioned midsole and shock absorbing pads particularly in the heel area is vital for protection aganst impact and injuries caused by heavu impacts.
Sole – Look for a uniform solid sole rather that an inclined or drop heel. The sole should be flexible and durable.
Features of a Good Shoe for Jumping Rope
- Uniform and flexible sole, no grooves or elevated heels.
- Breathable and flexible uppers.
- Cushioned insole.
- Shock absorbing midsole.
- Stability features.
- Heel cup or stabilizer.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Jumping Rope
These are your best shoe types, brands and models for Rope Jumping;
Jumping Rope Shoe
The Speed trainer 2.0 from Adidas is a lightweight training shoe with EVA cushioning and high traction control.
- Breathable and lightweight synthetic and mesh uppers with a breathable mesh interior lining to keep your feet dry and cool.
- A durable rubber outsole with high traction control on a variety of surfaces.
- Shock absorbing and cushioning EVA midsole.
- Lightly padded tongue for comfort and a comfortable footbed.
Jumping Rope Cross Trainer
The Inov-* model cross training shoe has ideal features to be used for Jumping rope and similar sports and exercise routines.
- Synthetic uppers construction with Meta-Flex Technology in the forefoot for more natural flexing as well as a Metcradle lacing system for a more secure and reliable fit.
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor workouts, speed training, and jumping ropes.
- A powerful cushioned midsole for lightweight shock absorbency.
- Durable and high traction rubber outsole.
Jumping Rope Training Shoe
These are two superb New Balance Training shoe models with a design and features ideal for fast speed training and Jumping Ropes.
- Breathable and lightweight synthetic uppers.
- A supportive heel with a stabilizing heel counter.
- Revlite Midsole, For cushioning and shock absorbency.
- Stability T-Bar for support.
- Moisture wicking smooth interior linings.
- High Traction rubber outsole.
Cross Trainers for Jumping Ropes
The perfect fitting Jumping Rope shoe with a Bootie heel construction for ankle protection, and Nano Weave breathable and flexible designed uppers.
- Fabric and textile uppers that are extremely lightweight, flexible and breathable with a NanoWeave, Design.
- A low cut design with a Heel bootie construction for better ankle protection and stability.
- A durable high-Abrasion rubber outsole ideal for jumping.
- Comfortable shock absorbing and cushioning CMEVA midsole.
Jumping Rope Athletic Shoes
The Under armor Speedform Apollo is an athletic running shoe with features that are ideal for jumping rope and similar sports and exercises. This is a lightweight and flexible shoe with a supportive heel and ankle protection, as well a good shock absorbency.
- Breathable, lightweight and stretchy uppers construction with Dry Knit fabric that dries fast and is well ventilated.
- An adjustable lock down heel strap, To protect your heels and ankles, and for better stability.
- A cushioned midsole for shock absorbency and comfort.
- Additional heel cushioning.
- Strategically placed flex grooves for more natural movements.
- A solid rubber outsole with high impact zones for better resistance and durability.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Jumping Rope
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Adidas® - Jumping Rope Shoe||Adidas||97|
|2||Inov-8® - Jumping Rope Cross Trainer||Inov-8||97|
|3||New Balance® - Jumping Rope Training Shoe||New Balance||96|
|4||Reebok® - Cross Trainers for Jumping Ropes||Reebok||98|
|5||Under Armor® - Jumping Rope Athletic Shoes||Under Armor||96|
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Jumping Rope as a Workout
- Why You Need Shoes for Jumping Rope and What To Look For
- Features of a Good Shoe for Jumping Rope
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Jumping Rope
- Jumping Rope Shoe
- Jumping Rope Cross Trainer
- Jumping Rope Training Shoe
- Cross Trainers for Jumping Ropes
- Jumping Rope Athletic Shoes
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Jumping Rope