A cruise excursion takes you to many different places and occasions, which you will want to have the correct attire for.
What to pack for a Cruise
It is quite essential that you pack the right things for your cruise, and that nothing is forgotten. You may not be able to attain certain items if you overlook to pack them.
Keep in mind that you will be on and off the cruise ship, doing plenty of different activities. Activities such as trips to the beach, shopping in different areas, on deck games and dancing, swimming, and eating at different restaurants, are just some of the fun activities to look forward to.
then there is also leisure time on deck.
You will need different sho types for all these activities, as well as for wearing on deck.
Here is a list of some of the basic things that you will need for your trip;
- Traveling documents, such as passports, tickets and ID copies.
- Reading and entertainment materials.
- Electronics such as your phone, tablet, camera, and chargers for them.
- A first aid and medicine kit.
- Toiletries and beauty accessories.
- Sunscreen and after the sun is absolutely vital!!
- Hats, bags, and other accessories.
- Clothing items such as casual and formal wear, warm clothing, underwear, and beachwear.
- Casual sneakers, boat shoes, sandals and dress shoes.
- A raincoat or Umbrella.
Best Shoe Types for a Cruise Excursion
You will need a few shoe types for on and off the boat;
One specific Characteristic that I will personally recommend that you consider in all your shoes, is a rubber outsole that offers good slip resistance.
Mainly because the floors on deck, and even off deck may be uneven and slippery, you will likewise be doing plenty of walking, and rubber is just so much more durable and shock absorbent.
keep in mind that you will be attending different functions and performing plenty of activities that require a comfortable, yet still an elegant looking shoe.
- Deck or boat shoes with rubber soles that offer good traction.
- Sneakers or walking shoes, for colder weather and walking.
- Comfortable walking Sandals for walking on the beach or in other terrains in hot weather conditions.
- Dress shoes or dress sandals for evenings out to restaurants and parties, where you are required to dress formally.
- Reef and beach sandals, for slippery and uneven terrain, that offer good traction and shock absorbency, and likewise a sturdy and comfortable fit.
Comfort Features in a Shoe for a CruiseLong story short, on any cruise excursion you will need a variety of dress, casual and beach shoes, that are comfortable and supportive, as well as good looking.
You will be doing plenty of walking and maybe even dancing, so look for shoes that are cushioned, offer good shock absorbency, slip resistance, and most off all, that fit properly.
Reviews: Best Shoes for Cruise Excursions
The Merrell Jacardia make stylish and feminine Reef shoes for warm weather, in all terrain.
- A few color options available for your own personal taste.
- Soft and feminine, petite uppers straps, ideal for day or night time.
- A buckle closure for a comfortable fit.
- The cushy microfiber footbed features Q Form cushioning, which will prevent foot fatigue.
- A durable and slip resistant outsole, just what you will need for on and off deck fun.
These are classically styled, ladies boat shoes that are easy to slip on and off, ideal for leisure time on the boat.
- Soft and comfortable flexible uppers available in a range of colors.
- An Ortholite sock liner with odor and bacteria control, as well as moisture wicking properties.
- A durable and thick rubber outsole for good shock absorbency and long lasting comfort.
- The collar is padded with memory foam and there is a purefit comfort cushioned arch, that will give your feet all the support they need.
Converse All Star Hi Unisex Style: M9621C-RED Size: Mens 4 Womens 6 - High Top on and Off Deck Sneakers
I adore Chuck Taylors for their extreme versatility and comfort. For cooler days when you need a closed shoe, this sneaker is ideal for any occasion both on and off the deck.
Red and white
Canvas uppers in a gorgeous bright red color.
A thick and durable rubber sole that offers good slip resistance.
A well cushioned Ortholite insole.
The medial eyelets offer excellent airflow.
A stunning and dainty T-Strap Sandal, the Lizbeth is perfect for more formal excursions such as shopping trips and, to restaurants.
- A natural leather upper strap with metal accents that looks feminine and stylish.
- The upper footbed has cork and there is an adjustable heel strap.
- The insole provides cushioned EVA comfort, which you will appreciate when walking on and off deck.
- A durable rubber outsole with a high traction patterned tread.
For those very formal occasions, evenings out, and dance parties, the Teller is a slingback, open toe dress pump, ideal for warmer weather, with a mid heel.
- Available in a few color options to choose from.
- Peep toe style with a concealed platform and medium heel.
- The soft system technology insole offers cushioned comfort and support, ideal for when you are going to be dancing all night.
- Handmade patent leather uppers.
Havaianas Women's Slim Tropical Sandal, Black/Black/Imperial Palace, 5/6 M US - Comfy Beach Flops for Off Deck Beach Excursions
Havaianas are a very popular brand in beach flops, these floral flip-flops are exquisite and comfortable for beach wear or just everyday casual wear.
- Soft and durable rubber sole with a rice pattern for additional slip resistance.
- The insole is cushioned and the toe post straps are soft and comfortable.
- Comes in a lovely floral print with black straps, perfect for the beach, with a sunny holiday feeling.
Skechers is a brand not to be missed offering a wide variety of shoes for every occasion. The Go Walk Lites are perfect for everyday leisure wear on a cruise ship.
- Lightweight and breathable synthetic uppers.
- Available in a few neutral color options.
- Features 5 Gen Cushioning and air-cooled Goga Mat insole, for ultimate comfort and support.
- The Crochet knit uppers are elegant and classy looking.
The Teva Mush is a comfortable and fashionable sandal for days at the beach or by the pool when you are on a cruise.
- Easy slip on and off design that is available in many color and pattern options for you to choose from.
- A platform wedge sole for comfort and support.
- Durable materials and construction.
- Very lightweight with a comfortable cushioned insole and quick drying straps.
The Sperry Lounger is a boat style shoe which is likewise a hit when you are on a cruise boat.
- Available in a few neutral color options and patterned varieties.
- Breathable and lightweight cotton uppers for cool summer days.
- A comfortable memory foam footbed.
- A Low profile vulcanized rubber outsole for comfort and durability.
In The End
A Cruise trip can be the experience of a lifetime, therefore, the last thing you want to worry about is shoes.
Take care to remember the listed shoe types, as you cannot go wrong with these, and consider the models we have listed, as they are some of the top picks in their categories that will cater for every occasion.
Index Table: Top Shoes for Cruise Excursions
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- What to pack for a Cruise
- Best Shoe Types for a Cruise Excursion
- Comfort Features in a Shoe for a Cruise
- Reviews: Best Shoes for Cruise Excursions
- Merrell Women's Jacardia Sandal - Reef sandals for Cruise Trips
- Grasshoppers Women's Windham Slip-On Flat - Stylish Slip On Boat Shoe
- Converse All Star Hi Unisex Style: M9621C-RED Size: Mens 4 Womens 6 - High Top on and Off Deck Sneakers
- Vionic Lizbeth Womens T-Strap Orthotic Sandal Black - 6 - Sandals for Semi Casual Excursions
- LifeStride Women's Teller Dress Sandal - Versatile Dress Pumps for Cruises
- Havaianas Women's Slim Tropical Sandal, Black/Black/Imperial Palace, 5/6 M US - Comfy Beach Flops for Off Deck Beach Excursions
- Skechers Women's GO Walk LITE-15386 Ballet Flat, Black, 9 M US - Ballet Flats for Cruises
- Teva Women's W Mush Mandalyn Wedge Ola 2 Flip-Flop, Lydia Dark Purple, 5 M US - Cruising Flip Flops
- Sperry Lounge Away Washed Rose 8 - Cruise Boat Sneakers
- In The End
- Index Table: Top Shoes for Cruise Excursions
I am a Long-distance hiker, a writer and an editor whose favorite topics include backpacking, trail running, boots and various footwear.
Last update on 2020-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API