Supportive and comfortable shoes can help to alleviate the pain caused by Bursitis as well as prevent further aggravation.
Bursitis is a very painful condition affecting the joints in the legs, feet, hands, elbows and other areas of the body. Your bursae are basically fluid filled sacs which act as cushions between your bones, tendons, joints, and muscles. When these sacs become inflamed, the condition is hence called Bursitis.
Bursitis is a relatively common condition that can be effectively treated and maintained at home, though there are some cases where medical treatment may be required.
Because your Bursae are lined with synovial cells which produce lubrication to reduce friction between joints and tissues, these cushions and lubrications both aid in easy and painless movement, when you have Bursitis, or inflammation of the Bursae, movement can become painful and uncomfortable.
- Types of Bursitis – Any of your Bursa can become inflamed and painful, although there are some areas in which you are more likely to develop Bursitis; Shoulders, Hips, Buttocks, Knees, Ankles, Elbows, also known as Tennis Elbow, Feet, Heels, and Thighs.
Symptoms – You may notice pain in a certain area or joint that increase with movement or pressure, swelling, and tenderness. Septic Bursitis which is a much more severe form of Bursitis can lead to completely loss of movement, extreme pain, as well as fever and the are affected becoming hot and red.
Treatments – You can effectively treat Bursitis at home by resting the affected area, applying protective padding, icing the area and drinking anti-inflammatory pain killers. Antibiotics and steroids can be obtained from your health care practitioner for more severe cases to treat the condition effectively.
Helpful Strategies and Footwear Options for Bursitis
- Rest – Avoid weight bearing and pressure activities that strain the affected area, such as staying off your feet for w while if you have Bursitis affecting your feet and heels.
PRICE – This stands for Protectio, Rest, Hot and Cold Compresion, Compression and Elevation.
Footwear Therapy – If you have infracalcaneal Bursitis on your feet, changing shoes regularly is advised to treat and prevent further development of the condition. Footwear with a flat heel to toe support base, a flexible sole, and wide toe area is ideal for Bursitis in the feet.
Footgear – Added insoles, heel cups and other devices such as padded socks for cushioning and prevention of friction in your shoes can likewise help with this condition.
Nutritional Supplements – Anti-Inflammatory agents are your best and most safe treatment supplement for Busritis.
Features of a Good Shoe for Bursitis
- A flat uniform sole that is flexible.
- Heel cups or stability features.
- Cushioned insole.
- Wide toe box or forefoot design.
- Soft interior linings and footbed that prevents friction and moisture build up.
- Adjustable fitting design.
- Breathable uppers and a solid durable rubber outsole.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Bursitis
Below are some of your top choices in shoes and footwear if you have Bursitis;
The Dr.Comfort Ruk and SoftWalk Rocklin are two Chelsea Style boots for men and women with orthopedic comfort features that are ideal for individuals who suffer from Bursitis.
The SoftWalk Rocklin is a Chelsea boot that aids in relieving the symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis and heel pain. A stunning boot that can be worn casually, to work, or as a dress shoe.
- Two Chelsea Styled Boots the Rocklin has a side zip closure and the Ruk has a lace up closure.
- Wider and more roomy and comfortable toe area.
- Soft and supple leather uppers.
- The Ruk comes with a removable Gel insole for comfort and support.
- The Rocklin has a unique shock absorbing footbed created for walking and standing.
A high quality and comfortable walking shoe from New Balance for Busristis, with hook and loop straps for an adjustable fit.
- An injection molded shock absorbing Midsole and 13 mm heel offset for better arch support.
- Hook and loop closure for an adjustable fit.
- Cushioned and a supportive heel.
- Durable rubber outsole ideal for walking.
- Ergonomic design and roomy toe box.
- Smooth leather uppers with perforations for breathability.
A comfortable and therapeutic relief lightweight Walking shoe from Propet that is available in many gorgeous neutral color options for everyday casual wear.
- Cushioned and removable footbed that allows you the use of your own orthotics.
- Genuine breathable and supple leather uppers with perforations.
- Slip resistant and shock absorbing rubber outsole.
- Available in many neutral color options.
A Wider width Orthopedic shoe from Vionic that is ideal for foot conditions such as Bursitis among other conditions.
- Soft and supple leather uppers with a roomy toe box design.
- Orthaheel Footbed for added heel cushioning and support.
- Moisture wicking interior mesh linings.
- Anti-bacterial foot liner in the insole for odor control.
- The uppers are water resistant and easy to clean.
- Lace up system for a secure and comfortable fit.
- An EVA molded Midsole for shock absorbency and cushioning.
A lightweight and fashionable sneakers for men and women from Mephisto, with a comfortable and supportive design that is ideal for Bursitis.
- A removable insole to accommodate orthotic devices.
- Comfortable and supple genuine leather uppers.
- A durable and shock absorbing rubber outsole.
- Comfortable cushioned insole.
- Durable cement contruction.
- Inside are smooth and moisture wicking interior linings.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Bursitis
|1||Dr. Comfort - Bursitis Chelsea Boot||Dr. Comfort||84|
|2||New Balance - Bursitis walking Shoe||New Balance||90|
|3||Propet - Bursitis Casual shoes||Propet||84|
|4||Vionic - Podiatrist Designed Shoes for Bursitis||Vionic||76|
|5||Mephisto - Bursitis Casual Sneaker||Mephisto||100|
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Helpful Strategies and Footwear Options for Bursitis
- Features of a Good Shoe for Bursitis
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Bursitis
- 1 Bursitis Chelsea Boot
- 2 Bursitis walking Shoe
- 3 Bursitis Casual shoes
- 4 Podiatrist Designed Shoes for Bursitis
- 5 Bursitis Casual Sneaker
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Bursitis
Last update on 2020-07-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API