Working as a cashier means that you are active on your feet all day. Standing for many long hours as well as walking around plenty of times.
This, in turn, can take its toll on your feet, therefore a good “Cashier’s” shoe, or basically shoe for these activities and standing is what you require most.
How to Relieve Aching Feet After a Long Day On Your Feet
Being on your feet all day, standing or walking can cause painful and tired feet at the end of the day, here are a few tips to alleviate the pain and get you ready for the next day.
- Apply Moist Heat – Soaking your feet in a warm soak with salts or soak of your choice, or even just wrapping them in a moist damp towel can help to alleviate pain and tension, soothing and relaxing the muscles.
- Pedicure – Always keep your toenails short and filed down, and make sure to file or pumice hard skin and callouses. Treat your feet to a soothing moisturizer to prevent dry and cracked skin and heels that can cause discomfort.
- Excercise – Rolling your feet and ankles and performing foot exercises can help to strengthen and soothe the muscles in order to relieve and prevent pain and injuries.
- Inserts – A good supportive and cushioned pair of inserts or insoles in your shoes can make a huge difference and provide much-needed comfort and support.
- Footwear – Choose footwear with the appropriate support and comfort features for your foot type as well as for being on your feet all day. Make sure that your shoes fit snugly, yet not to tight as to squeeze your feet.
What Causes Foot Pain and Fatigue
There are a few reasons why your feet may become tired and sore, besides just standing and walking all day;
- Abnormal Foot Anatomy – Certain foot conditions and abnormalities or deformities can become painful when there is pressure from your footwear. Bunions, arthritis and joint restrictions are just some cases that can add to the discomfort.
- Arch Type – In the case where you have a very low arch or flat foot, or a very high arch, pressure from standing can cause much pain and discomfort when you are not wearing proper shoes or insoles to accommodate this type of arch.
- Overweight – When you are carrying excess weight there are an increase in strain and tension on the muscles and ligaments in your feet, knees, and ankles, which in turn cause pain and fatigue.
- Poor Fitting Shoes – Shoes that do not fit well can squeeze causing unnecessary painful pressure when too tight, or chafe and cause blister when they are too loose. Make sure that your shoes are the p[erfect fit!
- Unsupportive Shoes – When standing or walking all day you need ample cushioning and support to absorb shock and reduce impact and pressure on your feet.
Features of a Good Shoe for a Cashier
- Uppers – Look for a shoe that has a lightweight and breathable upper construction, such as flyknit, mesh or leather materials that are soft against the skin and allow for ventilation.
- Outsole – The outsole needs to be durable, and also shock absorbing, so a thick rubber outsole is key. Slip resistance and a lug pattern should likewise be considered.
- Support – Good support in the form of Padding or cushioning, as well as arch support and other stability features, are key.
- Comfort – Cushioning that is soft and plush, a well as smooth and non-irritating interior linings will provide you with ample comfort.
- Durability – A shoe that you are going to be working in all day needs to be constructed using quality materials and durable methods for the shoe to last with everyday rigorous wear.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Cashier Work
here are some great options that you can consider when it comes to Work Shoes for a cashoier
These Skechers for Work sneakers offer you a lightweight, durable and breathable shoe option that is ideal for working as a cashier.
- Durable and thick shock absorbing outsole that will keep you steady on your feet.
- Mesh and synthetic upper construction that is highly breathable as well as superbly lightweight.
- A comfortable and snug sneaker fit with an elegant and ladylike the design.
- Cushioning for comfort and support for being on your feet all day.
The Cloudfoam from Adidas is actually a running shoe, yet it has some exceptional features that are simply ideal for Cashiers, that along with the fact that it has a classy style and is available in many color options to choose from.
- Super soft and comfortable fabric uppers with a highly breathable design and laces that offer a snug and comfortable fit.
- The Cloudfoam midsole and outsole ensure step in comfort and full support.
- Along with a memory Cloudfoam sock liner that molds to the shape of your feet, you have the most cushioned and supportive shoe, you can think of.
- Inside there is a comfortable and moisture-wicking textile lining to keep your feet dry and fresh.
- There is also a synthetic leather metallic heel patch, and the outsole is durable enough for long term use.
The Clarks Cheyn Madi is something a bit more sophisticated and stylish when you need to dress more professionally to work.
- Features the popular soft cushioning Ortholite Footbed, for superior cushioned comfort and support.
- A classic leather uppers design with a slight heel for stability.
- The outsole is made from durable and high traction rubber to protect you from slips.
- An easy slip-on design with stretchy gore for a more snug fit.
- These shoes are available in a few neutral color options to choose from.
Looking for something a bit more supportive and protective, well then I would highly recommend the Dynamo from Dr. Scholls.
- Features an Oil and slip resistant outsole, for those unpredictable grocery store floors.
- The sole is likewise non-marking, thick, durable and shock absorbing.
- This shoe beat the industry average for the most Cushioned, work shoes.
- A Memory foam Cool fit, anti-compression insole;e.
- Inside there is a Dri-lex lining that wicks away moisture and keeps your feet cool and dry, along with Aegis Microbe Shield protection against odor.
Not a brand that I have heard of before, but the name seems to pop up very often, and the reviews for this shoe are fabulous.
Great walking and work shoe with the perfect features for Cashier work.
- The textile uppers are superbly lightweight and breathable, along with being super flexible, which is ideal to relieve pressure.
- The MD outsole is also flexible and slip resistant, offering good shock absorbency.
- Inside there is a cushioned comfort insole and a supportive midsole.
- Available in MANY stunning color options for you to choose from and have fun with.
- Lightweight, soft and durable Mesh uppers, that are highly breathable.
- A thick, supportive and shock absorbing outsole that is likewise quite durable and tough.
- Inside is a Memory Foam Fit, with memory foam padding around the heel.
- Go Impulse and Integrated Goga Pillars for stability and flexibility and a memory foam padded heel cup.
- Available in many fun and feminine color options.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Cashiers
|1||Skechers for Work Women's Ghenter Bronaugh - Cashier Sneakers||Skechers for Work||97|
|2||Adidas Women's Cloudfoam QT - Running and Walking Shoe for Cashiers||Adidas||97|
|3||Clarks Women's Cheyn Madi - Cashier Stylish Work Shoes||Clarks||98|
|4||Dr. Scholls Women's Dynamo - Cashier Work Shoes||Dr. Scholls||98|
|5||TIOSEBON Women's Athletic - Cashier Sneakers||TIOSEBON||98|
|6||Skechers Women's Go walk 3 - Cashier Slip-On Loafers||Skechers||97|
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- How to Relieve Aching Feet After a Long Day On Your Feet
- What Causes Foot Pain and Fatigue
- Features of a Good Shoe for a Cashier
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Cashier Work
- Skechers for Work Women's Ghenter Bronaugh Cashier Sneakers
- Adidas Women's Cloudfoam QT Running and Walking Shoe for Cashiers
- Clarks Women's Cheyn Madi Cashier Stylish Work Shoes
- Dr. Scholls Women's Dynamo Cashier Work Shoes
- TIOSEBON Women's Athletic Cashier Sneakers
- Skechers Women's Go walk 3 Cashier Slip-On Loafers
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Cashiers