There’s more to knee high boots than their versatile appearance; they’re also a practical choice with a ton of benefits, especially for colder weather. Wearing boots that rise to the knee protects your calves, keeping you warmer when it’s chilly outside, and because many are leather, they’re more waterproof than other kinds of footwear.
Fashion trends are forever changing, and footwear is no exception. Every year we see new designs come and go, but knee high boots never seem to go out of style.
How Tall is a Knee High Boot?
Knee-high boots come up to the knee, though some will sit just above or below the knee bone. The shaft is approximately13.5-inches (34.3 cm) or taller, depending on the boot size. The shaft height does not include the heel, which depends on the style you choose to wear, but if you want the precise height, measure from the arch to the top part of the shaft.
What Looks Good with Knee High Boots
Even though high boots are super stylish, it doesn’t mean that every pair will suit you. Depending on your structure and the thickness of your calves, some styles won’t be as flattering as others. You should also think about the color and materials before stepping out in a pair of knee-highs to be sure that you look your best.
Knowing which knee-high boots fit your frame makes a world of difference and ensures your outfit is always on-point.
Knee High Boots for Skinny Calves – Designers mostly make boots for ladies with average-sized legs, but for women with slender calves, it can be challenging to find a pair that fits you well. To complement your skinny legs, look for knee-high boots with a narrow shaft that won’t seem oversized when you wear them. You can also wear tall boots over top of skinnies to fill in any extra space.
Knee High Boots for Wide Calves – When you have wider calves, you might feel like finding a well-fitting pair of high boots is impossible. The good news is there are plenty of stylish and comfortable options designed for ladies with thicker calves, but you need to know where to look.
Boots with a zippered entry are the least likely to fit well because zippers offer hardly any give. Whereas, a tie at the back is more customizable and lets you loosen them up to suit your shape. Slouchy knee-high boots are another safe bet because the whole idea behind this concept is extra room in the calves.
Black Knee High Boots – Black knee high boots are a popular choice for their versatility and smoking hot appearance. Black is a neutral shade that looks good with practically any color of clothing or accessories. Try matching a pair of black high boots with a pencil skirt for an alluring yet professional look, or wear them over your favorite skinnies for a more casual finish.
Brown Knee High Boots – Another autumn and winter-friendly choice are brown knee-high boots. Brown is an earthy color that suits the fall and wintertime well. On colder days, match your brown boots with a pair of jeans for a sleek yet relaxed look, or wear them with a winter jacket of a similar color. In warm weather, pair them with floral prints or a denim mini-skirt.
What About Knee High Boots with Heels?
Knee high boots with heels are one of the sexier styles of footwear you can wear. The heel adds length to the appearance of your legs and has a slimming effect that women love. But, heels aren’t always a practical or comforting thing to wear, which is why you should have an idea of the different kinds of tall heeled boots available.
Let’s discuss the options you have while shopping for knee high boots with heels.When it comes to choosing a heel, always put your comfort first because you don’t need a sky-high stiletto to look your best; there are plenty of low-heeled boots that are just as sexy.
- Wedge Heel – Wedges have no gap between the toe and heel, which makes them much more comfortable to walk on than pointy spikes.
- Block Heel – Block heels have a square or block shape that makes them easy to walk on and more enjoyable to wear for long periods.
- Spike Heel – Stiletto, or spike heels are long and thin, usually with a narrow tip.
- Low Heel – Knee high boots with a small heel are best for walking or wearing while you work.
- Platform – Platforms are similar to a wedge and have no gap between the toe and heel. The difference is that a wedge is low in the front, while a platform has extra inches under your whole foot.
Reviews: Best Knee High Boots for Women
- Its fabric lining material is comfortable against your legs and won’t cause any irritation.
- A cushioned footbed prevents foot pain and keeps your legs from aching despite the high heel height.
- The almond toe is more alluring and makes your feet appear smaller.
- The 16″ shaft rises nicely below the knee bone, and the 14″ calf circumference fits most women comfortably.
- These knee high boots have a sexy 4″ stiletto heel.
- The 11 1/2″ shaft sits right below the knee.
- Its pull-on design makes the Lailee boot easier to wear.
- A cushioned insole provides better padding for the delicate arch area and reduces foot pain.
- The 16 3/4″ shaft height sits right at the knee for a super sexy look.
- Its rounded toe helps to make your feet appear smaller than they are.
- Synthetic lining material promotes air circulation to keep you from sweating.
- The 1 1/2″ block heel is more comfortable to walk on than stilettos.
The Gabi Boot comes in both slim and extra slim sizes.
Its 1 1/2 heel is comfortable for walking and won’t hurt your arch.
These boots look amazing day or night.
A soft leather material feels great against your skin and prevents any discomfort.
- This knee high boot is rain-proof to keep your feet dry in wet weather conditions.
- Its stylish appearance keeps you looking on-trend even when it’s raining.
- An effortless slip-on design and assistive pull-tab make it a snap to pull them on.
- Metal brand detailing makes this boot look more sophisticated.
- Its slouchy shaft makes the Francie Boot one of the best choices for women with thick calves.
- Studded buckle accents make this a stylish choice of footwear.
- A traction-enhancing outsole ensures you won’t accidentally slip or fall.
- Comfortable elastic details keep your legs from feeling cramped while you wear them.
- The Davis Boot has a 15 1/4″ shaft that sits perfectly at the knee.
- Its 3/4″ stacked heel is natural to walk on and won’t hurt your arches.
- A pointed toe and knitted upper makes this an alluring choice, perfect for fashionable ladies.
- This boot has a 12″ calf circumference that is suitable for women with slim calves.
Anne Klein Women's Alanna Wedge Boot Knee High, Black/Black, 7 Medium/Wide Shaft US - Black Knee High Boots
- The Sylvie Boot has a stylish almond toe and gorgeous leather upper.
- Its 16″ shaft height sits right at the knee and looks beautiful with a skirt, or over a pair of skinnies.
- The fabric lining material is plush underfoot and feels enjoyable against your skin.
- A 3 1/4″ block heel gives you added height without making it tough to walk.
- The Melissa Riding Boot has side zip closures for easy entry.
- These boots are entirely leather, including the sole, upper, and lining.
- Handcrafted in Mexico, the Melissa Boot is a well-made boot.
- It has a 15″ Shaft and 14 1/2″ calf, which makes it comfortable for most women to wear.
- Modernized gold ‘G’ branding and a slouchy silhouette make the Steady2 boot a must-have.
- Synthetic lining material prevents excessive sweating and regulates the heat inside your boots.
- Its 3″ stacked block heel is stylish yet easy for walking.
- The 14″ calf fits most women comfortably.
Wearing Knee High Boots to Work
Many women shy away from wearing knee high boots to the office, but there’s no reason why you can’t rock a pair and still look professional.It’s all about choosing the right outfit to offset your boots, and making sure not to show too much skin.
If you plan on wearing a skirt, make sure that it is long enough to cover your legs to the top of your boots. An inch of skin is acceptable, but anything more could give the wrong impression.
Now, there are ways to pull off a slightly shorter skirt, like wearing a suede number with stockings underneath. The nylons camouflage your skin, making you look more professional and give you a little more room to shorten the length if you prefer.
Knee high boots are easily worn at the office, as long as you style them the ‘right’ way.
- If you plan to wear a shorter skirt, be sure you also put on a pair of nylons.
- Try matching your boots to the color of your skirt and stockings; this makes you look more uniform.
- Wear a skirt that sits just above the top of your boots; this looks professional and super-stylish at the same time.
- Avoid boots with too many accessories or details; they won’t look appropriate at the office.
Knee high boots for women are always a stylish choice of footwear. When fall and winter weather hits, there’s no better choice than a pair of tall boots, because they keep you warmer and look incredible while they do it.
Black tall boots are the easiest to wear and look great with any color or style of clothing. Brown boots are an excellent choice for autumn weather and look best when paired with natural colors.
Index Table: Best Knee High Boots For Women
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- How Tall is a Knee High Boot?
- What Looks Good with Knee High Boots
- What About Knee High Boots with Heels?
- Reviews: Best Knee High Boots for Women
- Franco Sarto Women's Kolette Fashion Boot - Tall Boots With A Block Heel
- Jessica Simpson Women's Lailee - Boots for Dressing Up
- Sam Edelman Women's Valda Boots, Black, 10 M US - Suede Knee-High Boots
- SoleMani Gabi 13" Slim Calf Women's Leather Boot 13"-14" Calf Size - Best Choice For Slim Calves
- Tommy Hilfiger Women's Karissa Rain Boot - Water-Proof Boots
- Cliffs 'Francie' Women's Boot - Best Choice For Wide Calves
- Charles by Charles David Women's Davis Knee High Boot - Brown Knee High Boots For Women
- Anne Klein Women's Alanna Wedge Boot Knee High, Black/Black, 7 Medium/Wide Shaft US - Black Knee High Boots
- Frye Women's Melissa Belted Tall Knee High Boot - Low-Heeled Knee-High Boots
- G by GUESS Womens Steady2 - Tall Boots With Style
- Wearing Knee High Boots to Work
- Final Thoughts
- Index Table: Best Knee High Boots For Women
Last update on 2020-04-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API