What Makes Italian Shoes so Much Different
Here are a few reasons that make Italian shoes so exceptional in their class;
- Goodyear Welt Construction – Most Italian shoes are manufactured using either hand or machine sewn Goodyear welt construction methods or in some cases Norvegese welt construction methods, which is Norwegian. Most Italian shoemakers, particularly bespoke are completely in love with their Welt hand-sewn construction methods.
The Leather – Italians, in general, are excellent leather tanners and because of this reason, the leather used in their shoes are unlike any other countries. So when you look at a pair of Italian shoes, the patterns on the leather will be burnished with lighter and darker areas giving the shoe more life, than a plain colored leather shoe.
Construction – Most Italian shoe brands are either Blake stitched are Blake rapid stitched, of which the rapid is superior. This stitch type is quite similar to Goodyear but a bit more complex.
Quality – Italian shoes are made from the finest materials using some of the best Construction methods, therefore you can be assured that their quality is immaculate.
Italian Shoes in a Nutshell
Between the Goodyear Welt and blake construction methods, there is not that much difference as there are the two preferred construction methods. The elegant design of the last and the extreme heel height of most Italian women’s shoe brand s is what sets Italian style shoes apart from the rest. Furthermore, the materials and leathers used are superb and the decorative details of the finest.
Last but not least I would say that Italian shoes are a bit more fashion-forward, with longer lasts that are a bit rounded and more extreme, yet always very stylish and elegant.
Features of a Good Quality Italian Shoe
- Goodyear Welt or Blake and Blake Rapid Construction, either machine sewn or hand sewn for quality and extreme durability.
- Burnished dark and light patterns, in tanned leather the Italian style.
- Uppers are usually made from either genuine leather or Calfskin leather in either smooth, patent or Suede feel.
- Heeled or flat, although most Italian women’s shoes feature very tall or medium heels in a pointed or chunky heel style.
- Unique designs and decorative details, such as embroidery, Bows or buckles.
- Soft and smooth interiors with a comfortable leather sole.
- Fine stitching and attention to detail.
- The toe of an Italian shoe is usually very pointed or slightly rounded with the exception to sandals.
- Longer and more extreme last.
Reviews: The Best Italian Shoes
Here are some gorgeous models of some of the Best Italian shoe brands available;
Santoni is a well-known name in Italian shoe brands, this ankle boot is the perfect example of the burnished leather effect that has lighter and darker shades.
- Genuine leather uppers with a burnished effect, that are soft and supple.
- A rounded elongated toe with an elegant style, that is unique to most Italian style shoes.
- The heel is a slightly chunky and very tall and sophisticated heel, which is also mostly noted in an Italian shoe.
- There is a durable and high grip rubber outsole so that you stay firm on your feet with these babies.
Salvatore Ferragamo is yet another very popular brand in Italian shoes, the Carla is a stylish and sophisticated professional dress shoe available in three gorgeous color options.
- Made from 100% Clafskin Suede leather, of the finest quality with expert craftmanship.
- A synthetic non-slip sole.
- Available in a few color options to choose from, so you can easily match these to your favorite outfit.
- Gorgeous bow decoration and a medium heel for a touch of class and sophistication.
- These shoes will make the perfect addition to our professional wear shoe collection for the office, or even a more formal event.
A Luxury soft and supple leather flat from Bruno Magli, in a two-tone style.
- Soft and supple leather uppers from genuine Calfskin leather, that is of the finest quality.
- crafted with the finest details in mind to utmost perfection for a superior quality and stunning design product.
- Two tone color design in a few pattern options.
- A flat design with a pointy toe, that is both feminine and elegant.
- Comfortable leather sole, from the finest quality leather.
Doing it Italian style with the extra high heel and soft suede leather in a rusty orange color, these Santoni heels will make you the belle of the ball.
- Soft Suede leather uppers in a rusty orange color.
- Made from 100% quality genuine leather, that is soft and supple against your skin with a luxurious lining..
- Open sandal design with a supportive ankle, that can be worn as a dress sandal for every occasion and event.
- A very high and tall heel and platform front, that is elegant and stylish for the modern woman of today.
- Durable leather sole and a comfortable insole, made from the highest quality leather and materials Italian Style.
Index Table: Top Rated Italian Shoes
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- What Makes Italian Shoes so Much Different
- Italian Shoes in a Nutshell
- Features of a Good Quality Italian Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Italian Shoes
- Santoni Luxury Fashion Womens MCBI37675 Black Ankle Boots | Season Outlet - Italian Leather Boots
- SALVATORE FERRAGAMO Women's Suede Mid-Heel Pump, Rosso Patent, 8 B - Italian Dress Shoes
- Bruno Magli Women's Bella Ballet Flat, Nude/Black Patent, M090 M US - Italian Ballet flat
- Santoni Luxury Fashion Womens Sandals Summer Brown - Italian Sandals
- Index Table: Top Rated Italian Shoes
I am a Long-distance hiker, a writer and an editor whose favorite topics include backpacking, trail running, boots and various footwear.
Last update on 2020-05-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API