Indoor soccer players require a shoe that is a bit different to that of an outdoor soccer shoe; that can perform well on hard and slippery indoor sports floor surfaces.
Good indoor soccer shoe should protect your feet, particularly during all those quick and intricate movements.
Indoor Soccer Explained
Indoor soccer or Arena Soccer is a type of football game that originated from association football that has been adapted in such a way that it can be played in an indoor sports arena.
Indoor soccer is most popular in the U.S.A and Canada where snow makes it difficult to play the game outdoors during the winter months. These countries have adapted sports such as football, hockey, and basketball so that it can be played in an indoor arena.
The regulations and rules of indoor soccer differ slightly from that of outdoor soccer. Indoor soccer courts are delimited by means of walls instead of lines as with outdoor soccer, and with indoor soccer, there are no player throw-ins.
Indoor Soccer Popularity
Indoor soccer has become so popular that it is being played throughout the entire world. The current international federation that is promoting indoor soccer is the world Mini football federation or WMF which is based in the Czech Republic.
The first indoor world championship soccer tournament was held in 2015 in the United States, and the U.S.A, of course, won the first edition of the relaunched tournament.
The Three Types of Soccer Shoes
A soccer shoe comprises of three main parts; the top part or upper of the shoe, the midsole or inside and the outsole or bottom part of the shoe.
The upper part and midsole for each of the three different types of soccer shoes remain the same although they are available in many different colors, styles, and designs and each has its own unique technologies.
The only difference between the three soccer shoes is the outsole; every shoe types outsole is designed specifically to perform under a certain field condition.
1. Indoor Soccer Shoes
The indoor soccer shoe is designed to play soccer indoors on indoor courts or fields such as gyms or soccer facilities. An indoor soccer shoe has a flat surface and is a low-cut shoe with a slightly harder sole than your traditional soccer sneaker.
2. Turf Soccer Shoes
A turf soccer shoe has various raised patterns on the outsole enabling it to be used on harder outdoor floor surfaces as well as artificial turf.
3. Outdoor Soccer Shoes (Cleats)
Soccer Cleats have a specific function for playing soccer outdoors. Outdoor Soccer Cleats provide excellent traction to prevent the soccer player from slipping and to give them an opportunity to stop, turn and accelerate in speed without any difficulty.
A soccer cleats outsole usually has several hard rubber, plastic or metal studs which sink into the outdoor surface and provides better grip.
These studs have to be a specific length so that they can sink deep enough into the floor surface area to provide good grip but also not to cause pressure on the feet.
Because soccer fields come in different surface consistency such as hard dirt, green grass or medium grass soccer cleats are available with different stud types according to different field conditions and consistencies.
As you can see soccer shoes are all constructed the same but their outsoles are designed for specific floor surfaces. Today we are concentrating on indoor soccer shoes for use on Gym Floors or indoor soccer arenas.
Characteristics of a Good Indoor Soccer Shoe
- Leather or suede uppers in different colors and designs.
- A non-marking flat gum rubber outsole for improved traction and grip.
- A tread pattern with interlocking triangles or herringbone patterns.
- A low profile fit.
- A padded heel and soft insole for support and comfort.
- Good Shock absorbency.
Reviews: Best Indoor Soccer Shoes
Here are some of the top rated soccer shoes that have all the qualities required to play indoor Soccer;
PUMA Unisex-Kid's Spirit IT Jr Soccer Shoe, White Shadow Purple-Knockout Pink, 6 M US Big Kid - Comfortable Indoor Soccer and Training Shoe for Young Ladies
Puma is a very popular athletic brand that is used globally for sports, lifestyle and fashion purposes. The Puma Spirit is a comfortable indoor soccer shoe that provides great traction and grip. I have chosen this model especially for the YOUNGER ladies out there!
- Soft and comfortable uppers with lace-up closure and padded tongue and collar for an extremely comfortable and supportive fit.
- A soft textile lining keeps your feet dry and prevents skin irritation.
- The foam insole provides luxurious comfort and support.
- A non-marking rubber outsole improves traction and ensures a good grip.
The Diadora is a proud Italian legend for soccer players that invest in style, performance, and craftsmanship.
- The flat rubber outsole is perfect for all indoor floor surfaces providing excellent traction.
- The Diadora provides a snug and comfortable fit and is made from the highest quality materials.
- A shock absorbing insole reduces strain on your feet and returns energy to the feet.
- The Diadora Capitano is available in three stunning color options.
This is the ideal training shoe for all sorts of indoor training, including soccer. This shoe is perfect for beginners and features a cleat compatibility characteristic for more advanced training.
- Breathable and lightweight mesh and synthetic uppers.
- The EVA midsole offers cushioned comfort and is lightweight.
- This shoe is SPD Cleat compatible and feature NB Cycle, and NB Fresh technology.
- Excellent all-purpose training shoe for women.
Ryka Women's Influence Cross Training Shoe, Steel Grey/Chrome Silver/Diver Blue/Zuma Pink, 8.5 M US - Cross Training Shoe for Indoor Soccer
Not a soccer shoe by name, but the Ryka cross trainer has all the characteristics you will require for an indoor soccer training shoe.
- Breathable and lightweight synthetic uppers with a lace-up closure for a snug fit.
- The tongue and collar are padded for comfort and a better fit.
- This shoe features Flex-Foil direct-fuse layers and a precise-return bouncy insole for the best support and comfort.
- The dual-density foam midsole and high impact EVA cushioning ensure exceptional shock absorbency and energy return.
- A high traction outsole perfect for indoor floor surfaces.
This is an athletic shoe that is mainly used for walking and running, yet it has proven to be ideal for indoor soccer and has the perfect tread for indoor soccer floors.
- A supportive rubber outsole that ensures excellent traction.
- Breathable and soft mesh uppers with a comfortable padded tongue and collar.
- A cushioned insole and durable heel wedge for added support.
- Lightweight design, available in a few color options to choose from.
- Ideal for jogging, walking, running, treadmill use as well as indoor soccer.
The Adidas Samba is an indoor Soccer shoe specifically designed for this purpose, it is available in many color design options as well as a few men’s and women’s sizes.
- The Gum Rubber outsole is non-marking and excellent for indoor soccer floor surfaces.
- Full grain leather uppers with a suede overlay for better abrasion resistance and protection.
- An EVA insole ensuring cushioned comfort and support.
- Removable sock liner so you can use your own insoles.
- A fit tip is to purchase a size up for a loose fit and a size down for a tight fit.
adidas Performance Women's Aerobounce w Running Shoe, Raw Indigo/Metallic Silver/Hi-Res Orange, 8 M US - Cushioned Soccer Shoe for Indoor Play
The Aerobounce is an energy returning, a cushioned athletic shoe that will offer you the best performance during indoor soccer practice or even for matches.
- Textile and synthetic uppers that are flexible and breathable.
- BOUNCE cushioning for better comfort and energy return.
- A Haptic print overlay upper design providing better seamless support.
- Provides a sock-like fit with a breathable mesh lining to keep your feet dry.
- High traction robust outsole with a cushioned midsole.
Index Table: Top Rated Indoor Soccer Shoes
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Indoor Soccer Explained
- Indoor Soccer Popularity
- The Three Types of Soccer Shoes
- Characteristics of a Good Indoor Soccer Shoe
- Reviews: Best Indoor Soccer Shoes
- PUMA Unisex-Kid's Spirit IT Jr Soccer Shoe, White Shadow Purple-Knockout Pink, 6 M US Big Kid - Comfortable Indoor Soccer and Training Shoe for Young Ladies
- Diadora Mago R W TF Yellow Flourescent/Silver/White 8 - Indoor Soccer Shoe
- New Balance Women's 09v1 Cycling Shoe - Beginners Soccer Training Shoe
- Ryka Women's Influence Cross Training Shoe, Steel Grey/Chrome Silver/Diver Blue/Zuma Pink, 8.5 M US - Cross Training Shoe for Indoor Soccer
- Steel Edge Women Shoes Treadmill Running Walking (8.5, Gray) - Athletic Shoe for Soccer Practice
- adidas Men's Samba Classic Running Shoe, white/black/white, 7 M US - Unisex Indoor Soccer Shoe
- adidas Performance Women's Aerobounce w Running Shoe, Raw Indigo/Metallic Silver/Hi-Res Orange, 8 M US - Cushioned Soccer Shoe for Indoor Play
- Index Table: Top Rated Indoor Soccer Shoes
Last update on 2020-04-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API