One of the most popular shoes that were worn mostly for Softball practice has now become more of a casual trend and chief among many sneakers. The Gum Sole sneaker comes in many forms and shapes, mostly referred to as a skate sneaker. Besides this, you will now find other footwear types with the popular Gum Rubber Outsole.
The Gum Rubber Sole is most popular in sneaker type and skate shoes today however I have found some boot types and work shoe types who have made use of this highly slip resistant and durable material.
The Science behind Gum Rubber Soles in Shoes
Rubber is a material that has long been quite ubiquitous and reasonable misunderstood. Everything from a pencil eraser to the soles of your shoes is made out of rubber.
The Gum Rubber Sole is made from natural rubber, rubber which is obtained from tapping the hevea brasiliensis tree, which is also known as the rubber tree. The milky white fluid obtained from the rubber tree is basically a type of latex which is treated with heat to break up its proteins in order to create rubber. Broad and sticky sheets of very bouncy and highly resilient tan-colored rubber are created into a sole for your shoe in its natural color which is then called the GUM Rubber sole.
The Gum Rubber Sole is well known for its extreme resilience and durability, as well as the bouncy cushioned, feel that it gives. Gum Rubber Soles offer the best grip and traction on almost any surface type, and can ensure effective slip and oil resistance, even on wet or snowy surfaces.
Benefits of a Gum Rubber Shoe Sole
The Gum Rubber Sole shoe, which has a Rubber Sole in its most natural and undyed or processed form, has many benefits;
- Durable – Rubber is a very resilient, tough and durable material that will withstand heavy wear, and abrasion, that is why you will find it in most skateboarding shoe brands in the sole.
Cushioning – Rubber is quite bouncy and offers superb cushioning and shock absorbency.
Better Grip and Traction – Rubber is one of the best outsoles that you can have when walking or running on wet, icy and even snow-covered surfaces. Rubber offers superb grip and traction on most surfaces.
Slip Resistant – Rubber is extremely slip-resistant and offers slip resistance on slippery, wet and even oily floor surfaces.
Economical and Practical – Overall rubber is a highly practical and economical choice because it is so durable and long-lasting, and also because it is not very expensive in general.
Features of a Good Gum Rubber Sole Shoe
- Uppers – Lightweight, durable and breathable from leather, canvas, synthetic and/or mesh materials.
Insole – A comfortable and cushioned insole with a moisture wicking interior lining.the Insole can be either contoured or flat and made from EVA, Memory foam or just padded. Extra padding in the heel and forefoot is always an advantage, and Gel is a cooling substance likewise used for cushioning.
Midsole – Supportive soft or firmer foam from EVA or memory foam.The Midsole helps to absorb most of the shock on impact and aids in providing some cushioning and support as well.
Comfort and Support – Good Arch Support, heel Cup, gel Cushioning, Stability Features. All of these aid in providing you with excellent support for your foot type, and requirements.
Sole – Patterned High Traction Gum Rubber.The Gum Rubber used in itself offers slip and oil resistance on wet and even snowy surfaces. The Rubber ensures much better traction and grip, hence why it is so popular for use on skateboards and is very durable and high abrasion resistant.
Reviews: The Best Gum Sole Shoes
Below are a few top picks in shoes that have a Gum Rubber Sole;
Gum Sole Skate Shoe
- !00% durable Gum Rubber Outsole, for better grip and traction, as well as slip resistance on wet surfaces.
- Vulcanized construction for comfort and durability.
- Green Suede feel Vintage Canvas uppers.
- A Waffle style outsole for better board feel, flexibility, and traction.
Gum Sole Boot
The roper performance Desert boot features soft and flexible suede leather uppers with a moccasin-style toe and a gum rubber outsole.
- 100% durable and soft suede leather uppers in a soft tan color option.
- A thick gum rubber outsole that is bouncy and resilient, offering excellent cushioning and grip.
- Comfortable EVA cushioned Insole, for support and superior shock absorbency.
- Moisture wicking interior lining, to keep your feet dry and odor free.
Gum Sole Shoe
- Leather and synthetic uppers with a contrasting three stripe branding logo and a lace-up front closure.
- Available in many color variations that you can choose from for both men and women.
- Thick and durable Gum Rubber outsole for better traction, grip and durability.
- Ortholite sock liner and a Cloudfoam comfort wedge midsole,for luxury comfort and superb support and shock absorbency.
Gum Sole Slip On Shoe
A slip-on Skate style shoe from Vans with canvas uppers and Gum Rubber Outsole design.
- Lightweight and breathable canvas uppers, that keep you feet cool and are well ventilated.
- Easy slip-on and off style that you can change into in a hurry.
- Comfortably cushioned footbed to support your feet and absorb shock.
- Gum Rubber Outsole, that offers excellent traction and is quite durable.
Gum Sole High Top Shoe
A stylish and elegant high-Top sneaker in soft nubuck leather and dark color options.
- Soft and comfortable Nubuck leather uppers with a lace-up system.
- Comfortable insole and soft interior linings.
- A High-Top Style Casual Sneaker for every occasion.
- Thick Gum Rubber Outsole that is shock absorbing and ensures only the best grip and traction.
Gum Sole Skate Shoe
The Vans era is a Unisex design shoe that is available in many color designs and variations for you to choose from, in the classic Van Skate Sneaker style.
- Lightweight and Breathable Textile Uppers with Vulcanized construction for durability and comfort.
- A signature Waffle design outsole to enhance traction and board feel.
- Leather tongue and a padded collar for comfort and support.
- Laidback design is available in many patterns and color variations to choose from.
Index Table: Top Rated Gum Sole Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Vans® - Gum Sole Skate Shoe||Vans||97|
|2||Roper® - Gum Sole Boot||Roper||97|
|3||Adidas® - Gum Sole Shoe||Adidas||96|
|4||Vans® - Gum Sole Slip On Shoe||Vans||98|
|5||Converse Chuck Taylor® - Gum Sole High Top Shoe||Converse Chuck Taylor||98|
|6||Vans® - Gum Sole Skate Shoe||Vans||98|
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- The Science behind Gum Rubber Soles in Shoes
- Benefits of a Gum Rubber Shoe Sole
- Features of a Good Gum Rubber Sole Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Gum Sole Shoes
- Gum Sole Skate Shoe
- Gum Sole Boot
- Gum Sole Shoe
- Gum Sole Slip On Shoe
- Gum Sole High Top Shoe
- Gum Sole Skate Shoe
- Index Table: Top Rated Gum Sole Shoes