An Elliptical machine is a cardio machine that is somewhat frowned upon, for the thought of being ineffective and pretty mundane.
- ASICS Men's Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe, Black/Phantom/Mid Grey, 11 Medium US
- ASICS Women's Gel-Venture 6 Running-Shoes,Black/Carbon/Neon Lime,8.5 Medium US
- Nike Free RN 5.0 Men's Running Shoe Black/White-Anthracite-Volt 9.0
- Nike Women's Free 5.0+ W Wolf Grey/Pink Force/White Ankle-High Mesh Running Shoe - 7M
Though today I want to tell you that that perception could not be further from the truth.
With the right attitude and proper form, you can get the best work out on the Elliptical machine, with the least damage and pain in your joints and lower limbs.
All you need is the proper training plan and method, along with the right gear, of course. This is where I come in with the best shoe types for Elliptical Training purposes.
Why Elliptical Training is Better for Your Health
Since we are on the subject of how good Elliptical training is for you, let’s look at some of the basic benefits this form of Cardio Exercise has to offer;
- The movement path that your legs go along when training on the Elliptical machine exerts much less stress on your ankle and knee joints than other forms of cardio.
For individuals who have arthritis or sports injuries, the Elliptical machine allows them to exercise much easier and for much longer, with less pain, as compared to running or other high impact exercise forms.
Likewise, the Elliptical machine goes easy on your back muscles, since your feet stay on the pedals the whole time.
The push and pull movements of the arm components on the Elliptical machine allows you to exercise your arms at the same time similarly, working your shoulders and upper back muscles in turn.
In the end, much more muscle groups are engaged with Elliptical training, and there is much less stress on your back and joints that could cause pain or damage.
Choosing the Best Shoes for Elliptical TrainingThe Elliptical machine offers a low-impact, yet very efficient and effective cardio workout, your feet will be on the pedals of the Elliptical machine the entire time.
In broad-spectrum, there is no specific shoe type or brand for Elliptical training, yet there are other shoe types that are suitable for this form of training, such as the running shoe, or cross training shoe.
When it comes to Elliptical training your basic needs in a shoe are, a comfortable, and lightweight fit, and a durable good gripping, and flexible outsole.
A Velcro closure system or lace-up closure system on your trainers are both acceptable, although you will need to keep in mind not to lace up your shoes too tightly as to stop blood circulation.
Cushioning in any sports or training shoe is important, the amount will depend on the type of activity. With elliptical training you need a medium to light cushioning, particularly under the balls of your feet, to help you stay stable and comfortable.
Flexibility in the heel and ankle of an Elliptical training shoe is high on the priority list, with this type of training in order to disperse impact evenly reducing the impact on your heels.
Normally a shoe for Elliptical training should be a low-top design, with a wide and sturdy outsole from rubber that can offer good grip.
Elliptical Training Shoe Characteristics
- Mesh, textile or leather uppers that are comfortable, flexible and breathable.
- A durable and flexible rubber outsole that offers good grip.
- Cushioned or padded footbed, or insole.
- Moisture-wicking and comfortable lining.
- Durable lace-up system.
- Some stability features.
- Gel cushioning in the forefoot.
- A padded collar and tongue.
- High Abrasion resistance on the outsole and other key areas.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Elliptical TrainingHere are a few top brands and models of athletic and training shoes, that have the ideal features for use as an Elliptical training routine shoe.
One of the latest models in the Gel-Venture Range, The Asics Gel-Venture 6 offers you Gel cushioning and a high abrasion outsole, which is perfect for elliptical training.
- A durable and high abrasion rubber Outsole.
- The AHAR Rubber is likewise placed in other high abrasion areas of the shoe.
- Ensures excellent rearfoot Gel Cushioning to attenuate shock and reduce impact.
- A removable comfort sockliner.
- The Outsole is likewise trailed specific with lug traction, making this the perfect all-round running and training shoe.
- Available in a large range of colorful color options to choose from.
The Nike Lady Free 5.0 features a sleek and lightweight design and a low profile for a more barefoot-like feel, as well as good cushioning to resist impact.
- Features a new Flywire Cable System for a more supportive fit, updated textured mesh inner sleeve to prevent slippage, and improved Diagonal cuts through the arch to enhance natural motion.
- A Flex Groove outsole from durable rubber ensures better flexibility and a more natural range of motion.
- The lower Profile gives a barefoot feel, but still ensures ample cushioning for shock absorbency.
- Breathable and lightweight mesh upper construction.
Reebok is a very well known sports brand that likes to mix versatility and dependability. This is so true for the Reebok Print prime, a versatile running sneaker that offers the perfect support not just for running, but for cardio training, such as Elliptical training in turn.
- Lightweight and breathable with mesh and synthetic upper construction.
- A comfortable memory foam insole that provides light and supportive cushioning.
- The roomy toe box increases flexibility and allows more room for movement.
- A durable and high traction outsole.
- Available in two color options for you to choose from.
4 Cross Trainer for Elliptical Training
The New Balance FeulCore Nergize features such a sleek and fashionable design that it will similarly make a stunning, casual wear sneaker. Equipped with the lightweight flexibility and cushioned comfort that you require for cross-training, which is just as beneficial for Elliptical training.
- Breathable and lightweight synthetic fabric uppers, available in many color variations.
- The Revlite ultra-lightweight midsole foam ensures superior underfoot cushioning and excellent stability.
- A New Balance Memory Foam insole with extra padding for comfort and support.
- Very lightweight and sleek, with no bulk.
- A durable and flexible outsole.
5 Running Shoe for Elliptical Training
The Adidas Alphabounce Beyond is a neutral running shoe for all foot types, that offers you flexibility and bounce-back cushioning, ideal for running and elliptical training.
- A very lightweight and breathable Forged Mesh upper, with seamless construction for a glove-like fit, which is flexible enough to adapt to every move.
- The Continental Rubber outsole offers superior traction in wet and dry conditions.
- Bounce back cushioning for more flexible support and comfort.
- A neutral style shoe with premium cushioning.
- Available in many color and design options.
The Puma Tazon 6 is a Cross Trainer that is perfect for Elliptical training and other forms of training for fitness.
- Synthetic leather uppers and a high grip durable rubber outsole.
- There is a TPU shank for better stability and protection.
- The EcoOrtholite sockliner, ensures superior comfort and an optimal fit.
- Available in many fashional color options to choose from.
The perfect Cross trainer and Elliptical Shoe from Nike, which is available in many bold and fun color variations to choose from.
- Mesh upper construction that is highly breathable and lightweight.
- There are Flywire cables in the forefoot integrated with the laces for a superb fit.
- Anatomically placed< foam pods in the heels to prevent slipping.
- Dual-density foam is used for optimal cushioning.
- A cushioned and durable layered sole and outsole.
One of my personal favorites for Elliptical training and Cross-Fit Training is the Asics Ge Fit Sana for the ladies and Gel-Craze for gents.
- Fabric uppers with a stretchable MONO-SOCK fit system, that fits your feet like a glove.
- Rearfoot shock-absorbing Gel cushioning.
- A Low profile midsole, and an AHAR high abrasion resistant outsole.
It’s surprising how many individuals out there thing that Elliptical training is an easy workout that does not really work.
Well, this could not be further from the truth, elliptical training is a hard and excellent cardio workout which burns plenty of calories, and strengthens your lower body, without the excess stress that running can place on your joints.
If you want to maximize your elliptical work out, I would highly recommend that you try out one of these exceptional shoe brands and models, you will be astonished how much they can enhance your performance, not to mention the support and comfort they will provide.
Index Table: The Best Shoes for Elliptical Training
|1||Asics - Running Shoe for Elliptical Training||Asics||92|
|2||Nike - Lightweight Elliptical Training Shoe||Nike||86|
|3||Reebok - Running Sneaker for Elliptical Training||Reebok||90|
|4||New Balance - Cross Trainer for Elliptical Training||New Balance||86|
|5||Adidas - Running Shoe for Elliptical Training||Adidas||94|
|6||Puma - Elliptical Training Sneaker||Puma||92|
|7||Nike - Cross Training and Elliptical Shoe||Nike||60|
|8||Asics - Eliptical Treaining Shoe||Asics||80|
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Why Elliptical Training is Better for Your Health
- Choosing the Best Shoes for Elliptical Training
- Elliptical Training Shoe Characteristics
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Elliptical Training
- 1 Running Shoe for Elliptical Training
- 2 Lightweight Elliptical Training Shoe
- 3 Running Sneaker for Elliptical Training
- 4 Cross Trainer for Elliptical Training
- 5 Running Shoe for Elliptical Training
- 6 Elliptical Training Sneaker
- 7 Cross Training and Elliptical Shoe
- 8 Eliptical Treaining Shoe
- In Conclusion
- Index Table: The Best Shoes for Elliptical Training
I am a Long-distance hiker, a writer and an editor whose favorite topics include backpacking, trail running, boots and various footwear.
Last update on 2020-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API