When you go to do your Cardio Workout at the gym you have most likely noticed that the majority of people are either on the treadmill or the stationary bikes.
An Elliptical machine is a cardio machine that is somewhat frowned upon, for the thought of being ineffective and pretty mundane.
Though today I want to tell you that that perception could not be further from the truth.
With the right attitude and proper form, you can get the best work out on the Elliptical machine, with the least damage and pain in your joints and lower limbs.
All you need is the proper training plan and method, along with the right gear, of course. This is where I come in with the best shoe types for Elliptical Training purposes.
Why Elliptical Training is Better for Your Health
Since we are on the subject of how good Elliptical training is for you, let’s look at some of the basic benefits this form of Cardio Exercise has to offer;
- The movement path that your legs go along when training on the Elliptical machine exerts much less stress on your ankle and knee joints than other forms of cardio.
For individuals who have arthritis or sports injuries, the Elliptical machine allows them to exercise much easier and for much longer, with less pain, as compared to running or other high impact exercise forms.
Likewise, the Elliptical machine goes easy on your back muscles, since your feet stay on the pedals the whole time.
The push and pull movements of the arm components on the Elliptical machine allows you to exercise your arms at the same time similarly, working your shoulders and upper back muscles in turn.
In the end, much more muscle groups are engaged with Elliptical training, and there is much less stress on your back and joints that could cause pain or damage.
Choosing the Best Shoes for Elliptical TrainingThe Elliptical machine offers a low-impact, yet very efficient and effective cardio workout, your feet will be on the pedals of the Elliptical machine the entire time.
In broad-spectrum, there is no specific shoe type or brand for Elliptical training, yet there are other shoe types that are suitable for this form of training, such as the running shoe, or cross training shoe.
When it comes to Elliptical training your basic needs in a shoe are, a comfortable, and lightweight fit, and a durable good gripping, and flexible outsole.
A Velcro closure system or lace-up closure system on your trainers are both acceptable, although you will need to keep in mind not to lace up your shoes too tightly as to stop blood circulation.
Cushioning in any sports or training shoe is important, the amount will depend on the type of activity. With elliptical training you need a medium to light cushioning, particularly under the balls of your feet, to help you stay stable and comfortable.
Flexibility in the heel and ankle of an Elliptical training shoe is high on the priority list, with this type of training in order to disperse impact evenly reducing the impact on your heels.
Normally a shoe for Elliptical training should be a low-top design, with a wide and sturdy outsole from rubber that can offer good grip.
Elliptical Training Shoe Characteristics
- Mesh, textile or leather uppers that are comfortable, flexible and breathable.
- A durable and flexible rubber outsole that offers good grip.
- Cushioned or padded footbed, or insole.
- Moisture-wicking and comfortable lining.
- Durable lace-up system.
- Some stability features.
- Gel cushioning in the forefoot.
- A padded collar and tongue.
- High Abrasion resistance on the outsole and other key areas.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Elliptical TrainingHere are a few top brands and models of athletic and training shoes, that have the ideal features for use as an Elliptical training routine shoe.
One of the latest models in the Gel Venture Range, The Asics Gel Venture 6 offers you Gel cushioning and a high abrasion outsole, which is perfect for elliptical training.
- A durable and high abrasion rubber Outsole.
- The AHAR Rubber is likewise placed in other high abrasion areas of the shoe.
- Ensures excellent rearfoot Gel Cushioning to attenuate shock and reduce impact.
- A removable comfort sockliner.
- The Outsole is likewise trailed specific with lug traction, making this the perfect all-round running and training shoe.
- Available in a large range of colorful color options to choose from.
The Nike Lady Free 5.0 features a sleek and lightweight design and a low profile for a more barefoot-like feel, as well as good cushioning to resist impact.
- Features a new Flywire Cable System for a more supportive fit, updated textured mesh inner sleeve to prevent slippage, and improved Diagonal cuts through the arch to enhance natural motion.
- A Flex Groove outsole from durable rubber ensures better flexibility and a more natural range of motion.
- The lower Profile gives a barefoot feel, but still ensures ample cushioning for shock absorbency.
- Breathable and lightweight mesh upper construction.
Reebok is a very well known sports brand that likes to mix versatility and dependability. This is so true for the Reebok Print prime, a versatile running sneaker that offers the perfect support not just for running, but for cardio training, such as Elliptical training in turn.
- Lightweight and breathable with mesh and synthetic upper construction.
- A comfortable memory foam insole that provides light and supportive cushioning.
- The roomy toe box increases flexibility and allows more room for movement.
- A durable and high traction outsole.
- Available in two color options for you to choose from.
The New Balance FeulCore Nergize, features such a sleek and fashionable design that it will similarly make a stunning, casual wear sneaker. Equipped with the lightweight flexibility and cushioned comfort that you require for cross-training, which is just as beneficial for Elliptical training.
- Breathable and lightweight synthetic fabric uppers, available in many color variations.
- The Revlite ultra-lightweight midsole foam ensures superior underfoot cushioning and excellent stability.
- A New Balance Memory Foam insole with extra padding for comfort and support.
- Very lightweight and sleek, with no bulk.
- A durable and flexible outsole.
The ideal shoe for elliptical training, the Nike Flex 7 is lightweight, flexible and well cushioned, providing you with the best support you will need.
- Features very lightweight and breathable synthetic mesh uppers.
- A IU injected unit sole that offers flexible and lightweight cushioning and support.
- Padded sandwich mesh tongue for better ventilation and less pressure on your metatarsal area.
- A durable outsole with a patterned tread for flexible grip and high traction.
The Adidas Alphabounce Beyond is a neutral running shoe for all foot types, that offers you flexibility and bounce back cushioning, ideal for running and elliptical training.
- A very lightweight and breathable Forged Mesh upper, with seamless construction for a glove-like fit, which is flexible enough to adapt to every move.
- The Continental Rubber outsole offers superior traction in wet and dry conditions.
- Bounce back cushioning for more flexible support and comfort.
- A neutral style shoe with premium cushioning.
- Available in many color and design options.
It’s surprising how many individuals out there thing that Elliptical training is an easy workout that does not really work.
Well, this could not be further from the truth, elliptical training is a hard and excellent cardio workout which burns plenty of calories, and strengthens your lower body, without the excess stress that running can place on your joints.
If you want to maximize your elliptical work out, I would highly recommend that you try out one of these exceptional shoe brands and models, you will be astonished how much they can enhance your performance, not to mention the support and comfort they will provide.
Index Table: The Best Shoes for Elliptical Training
|1||Asics Women's Gel Venture 6 - Running Shoe for Elliptical Training||Asics||98|
|2||Nike Women's Free 5.0 - Lightweight Elliptical Training Shoe||Nike||96|
|3||Reebok Women's Print Prime - Running Sneaker for Elliptical Training||Reebok||96|
|4||New Balance Women's FuelCore Nergize - Cross Trainer for Elliptical Training||New Balance||96|
|5||Nike Women's Flex 7 - Flexible Training Shoe for Elliptical Machine Use||Nike||97|
|6||Adidas Women's Alphabounce Beyond - Running Shoe for Elliptical Training||Adidas||97|
Table of Contents
- Why Elliptical Training is Better for Your Health
- Choosing the Best Shoes for Elliptical Training
- Elliptical Training Shoe Characteristics
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Elliptical Training
- Asics Women's Gel Venture 6 Running Shoe for Elliptical Training
- Nike Women's Free 5.0 Lightweight Elliptical Training Shoe
- Reebok Women's Print Prime Running Sneaker for Elliptical Training
- New Balance Women's FuelCore Nergize Cross Trainer for Elliptical Training
- Nike Women's Flex 7 Flexible Training Shoe for Elliptical Machine Use
- Adidas Women's Alphabounce Beyond Running Shoe for Elliptical Training
- In Conclusion
- Index Table: The Best Shoes for Elliptical Training