Today netball evolved parallel to women’s basketball and has become a well know sport.
Women’s Basketball Then and Now
Women’s basketball started off in the 1890s as a college sport, with the aim at improving the physical health and fitness of young women.
Because the game can become so strenuous the rules were adapted and modified to better suit the physical limits of a woman.
The first ever basketball game with a team of women was played in 1896 between Stanford University and University of California Berkley.
The popularity of women’s basketball plummeted steadily over the years all around the world, for many decades.
Women started to receive sponsoring as the sport gained more attention, particularly at the college level.
Today women’s basketball is a professional sport played by women of different age groups all over the world.
Why You Need a Basketball Shoe
When initially deciding on the right basketball shoe for your requirements, technology may not be the first thing that enters your mind.
Though it plays a crucial role in performance e and injury prevention, therefore, this should be your first consideration.
A proper basketball shoe has the main purpose of preventing injuries, in part by providing ankle support, as well as cushioning, and shock absorbency.
The sole ensures non-skid slip resistance and good traction, while the uppers offer a snug and breathable fit that keeps your feet and particularly ankles stable.
Other features such as antimicrobial and cooling technology will aid in preventing foot fatigue, and likewise odor and infections.
Tips for Purchasing the Right Basketball Shoe
Here are few Tips for Choosing the Right Basketball Shoes
- You will need to choose between a high low or mid top, the uppers should offer a snug fit, ankle support and be manufactured from flexible, and breathable materials.
- Then there is also the aesthetic properties, with so many colors and designs available, you need to choose something to suit your own personal style.
- The shoe must have a proper closure system such as lacing or Velcro straps.
- A cushioned midsole and stability features in the medial area.
- Lastly the outsole is vital for grip and balance, a rubber outsole with a herringbone or hexagonal patterned tread is ideal.
Reviews: The Best Basketball Shoes for Women
here are some of the Top rated women’s basketball shoes
A well-known sports brand, the Adidas Pro Model is an excellent shoe for modern-day basketball practice and tour games.
- A classical three striped style athletic basketball shoe designed with women in mind.
- Full-grain and synthetic leather uppers that are comfortable and durable.
- The midsole has a compression molded EVA cushioning that is lightweight and supportive.
- A durable rubber outsole that offers excellent traction when you need it the most.
- A stunning and effectively designed basketball shoe, not only for its gorgeous looks but also its exceptional performance on the court.
Enjoy the game of your life with the Nike Hyper A100, with Hyperfuze uppers and lightweight durability features.
- The Hyperfuze technology uppers are breathable, lightweight and much more durable.
- A Phylon midsole with forefoot zoom air that ensures additional responsiveness.
- The solid rubber outsole has a Herringbone patterned tread for the best in traction.
- Extremely lightweight and durable, made to stand the test of time.
- I recommend the Hyper A100 for its extreme lightweight and breathable, perfect for a high energy game such as basketball.
The under Armour Jet is a mid-top basketball shoe, that offers superior technology with an innovative design.
- Soft and comfortable textile and synthetic uppers that are highly breathable.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- The footbed is cushioned and supportive.
- Offers excellent shock absorbency and a snug and comfortable fit.
- The Jet Mid offers you all you will need in the ideal basketball shoe, for training and tours.
A casual style, a low top sneaker that is ideal for both on and off the court. The Nike Court Borough is stylish, yet performs like a pro.
- Soft and comfortable low top suede leather uppers available in a few color options.
- A padded collar and cushioned footbed.
- The durable rubber outsole has a Cupsole to enhance traction and support.
- This shoe is ideal for practice and training, the low top offers much more freedom, although not the maximum amount of ankle support, as with a mid or high cut.
Asics is one of the top-rated athletic shoe brands, this is a running shoe that has ideal characteristics to serve as a basketball training shoe.
- A high abrasion, durable and high traction outsole.
- Exceptional comfort with the Gel cushioning system.
- Mesh uppers with brightly colored synthetic overlays for a superior fit.
- A comfortable and supportive removable foam sock liner with excellent shock absorbency capabilities.
- This shoe will offer you some exceptional comfort and support features that are highly sought after when playing basketball.
- Good shock absorbency for jumps and leaps is always a must in any basketball shoe.
- Choose from a variety of stylish and feminine color options to suit your own personal style.
Under Armour Women's Drive 5 After Burn Basketball Shoe, Black (001)/White, 10 - Tough Basketball Shoes
Under Armour is popular for their temperature regulating technology in their shoes, and this basketball shoe likewise offers your superb comfort and durability.
- Synthetic and lightweight uppers.
- Temperature regulatingKeeps you cold in hot weather and warm in colder weather.
- Durable construction and durable rubber outsole.
- Cushioned comfortable insole.
Index Table: Top Rated Basketball Shoes for Women
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Women’s Basketball Then and Now
- Why You Need a Basketball Shoe
- Tips for Purchasing the Right Basketball Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Basketball Shoes for Women
- adidas Women's Pro Model Basketball Shoe - High Top Basketball Shoes
- Nike Hyper Quickness Women's Basketball Shoe (A100, Black/White) - Lightweight Basketball Shoe
- Under Armour Men's HOVR Sonic Basketball Shoe - Basketball Shoes for All Weather
- NIKE Women's Court Borough Low Sneaker, Black/Black/White, 8 B(M) US - Low Top Basketball Shoes
- ASICS Women's GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe - Athletic Shoe for Basketball Training
- Under Armour Women's Drive 5 After Burn Basketball Shoe, Black (001)/White, 10 - Tough Basketball Shoes
- Index Table: Top Rated Basketball Shoes for Women
I am a Long-distance hiker, a writer and an editor whose favorite topics include backpacking, trail running, boots and various footwear.
Last update on 2020-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API