Apex® is a well-known brand of footwear that has been manufacturing some of the most comfortable, supportive and healthy shoes for close to fifty years.
Apex® Footwear is designed by foot health experts and medical professionals to accommodate numerous health conditions and issues that affect your feet, in many contemporary styles and shoe types.
The relief of foot pain is what Apex prides themselves in, particularly if you are someone who is on their feet all day or an athlete. Apex footwear guarantees you superb delight for your feet.
Apex® Shoes History
Apex is a well known and popular footwear brand that manufactures Active athletic and sports shoes, Casual shoes, Dress Shoes, flexible shoes, Balance shoes as well as a new range of boots.
In 1946 protection was one of the main reasons for wearing shoes, and it is still a very important requirement today. Unfortunately, the modern view has become less concentrated on protection and comfort and more reliant on style and fashion when it comes to shoes. Not that style is not important, but it should not supersede protection, fit, comfort and support. At Apex, they thrive to attain both style and protection in comfortable and supportive shoes.
In 1966-1971 Paul the owner and genuine behind Apex shoes passed his business on to his son Richard Schwartz who expanded the concept to a more therapeutic shoe type that aims at feet with conditions such as diabetes and arthritis, as well as other conditions and foot injuries. Their latex design used Spandex in the upper construction for swollen feet and foot deformities.
By 1999 Apex established themselves as one of the most respected and successful therapeutic shoe brand in America, and they developed and launched their latest athletic footwear range.
In 2014 anyone who wanted comfortable therapeutic shoes that looked good and fit well, could get them and at an affordable price. Today Apex still delivers industry-leading designs and technologies in their footwear that focuses a bit more on style as well.
What to Look for in a Running Shoe
- Cushioning – A cushioned insole or padding in the heel and forefoot area is ideal for shock absorbency and comfort, particularly if you have a foot condition or pain in your feet.
Arch Support – Good arch support for your specific arch type, whether low, high or neutral.
Uppers – Breathable and flexible uppers that offer protection as well as c a comfortable and supportive fit.
Midsole – EVA is a good lightweight material used in the midsole that absorbs shock an provides cushioning.
Outsole – A high traction rubber outsole is ideal in any running shoe, with a patterned tread and good slip resistance. The Outsole of any good running shoe should likewise be flexible in the midsection and provide a slight heel to toe drop, for more natural movement.
Other Features – Carboplast footbridge for stability and motion control, a lace-up or bungee closure system, extra depth design with two removable layers, so you can use orthotic devices in your running shoes, as well as stability and motion control features to help aid with excessive pronation.
Features of a Good Apex® Women’s Shoe
In this review we will be looking at some of the best running and walking shoe models that Apex have to offer specifically designed for women;
- Carboplast Footbridge for Stability and Motion Control.
- Durable and slip resistant Rubber Outsole with Increased traction.
- Trail running and hiking, or stability running shoes.
- Synthetic leather and/or mesh uppers design.
- Regular or bungee lace up system.
- EVA midsole.
- Extra depth design with two removable layers.
Reviews: The Best Apex® Women’s Shoes
Here are our top picks in the best rated Apex Women’s Shoes available today;
A sleek and lightweight running shoe from Apex giving you the choice of either a bungee or regular lace up closure system for an adaptable and more comfortable fit.
- Synthetic uppers with a classic lace up design and some color varieties available.
- A padded tongue and collar for comfort.
- High traction stability rubber outsole.
- Cushioned and shock absorbing EVA midsole.
- Choose between a lace up or bungee closure system.
The Apex Athletic for women is one of their more basic running shoes, available in a range of soft and neutral colors.
- Mesh and leather uppers that are lightweight and cooling.
- An X-last for better control when running or walking.
- Carboplast footbridge for stability and motion control.
- The rubber outsole is slip resistant an offers increased traction.
- Qualifies as an A5500 Diabetic medical running shoe.
The Apex Sierra is a Trail running shoe from their Hiking and trail running range which is ideal for walking outdoors running, or hiking on harsher terrain.
- Durable leather and synthetic uppers that are water resistant.
- Available in three neutral but feminine color varieties.
- A slip resistant trail specific rubber outsole.
- Shock-absorbing cushioned EVA midsole.
- Removable depth of two layesr and cushiond footbed.
- A Carboplast footbridge for added stability and motion control.
The Apex Breeze is designed to be very lightweight and breathable with either a lace up or bungee lacing system for an adaptable fit.
- Durable and breathable synthetic mesh uppers.
- Shock absorbing EVA midsole.
- The tongue and collar are padded for comfort.
- Lace up or Bungee closure system for and customizable fit.
- Durable high traction and slip resistant outsole.
The Reina from Apex is a stability and motion control running shoe which is perfect for individuals who have a low or flat arch and who struggle with overpronation.
- Durable synthetic uppers with a Craboplast Footbridge for stability and motion control.
- A few neutral color options are available.
- The rubber outsole is slip resistant and has increased traction.
- Comfortable insole with removable depth layers and 2 layers of fitting flexibility.
A lightweight and breathable Running shoe, the Boss is ideal for foot conditions such as hammertoe and bunions, with removable layers for added depth.
- Leather and mesh uppers that are breathable and offer a flexible fit.
- You can use your own orthotics or create extra depth with the two removable flexible layers.
- Comfortable cushioned insole.
- A high traction slip resistant rubber outsole.
Index Table: Top Rated Apex® Women’s Shoes
|1||Apex Women's A7200WX085 - Running Shoe||Apex||98|
|2||Apex Women's Athletic - Running Shoe||Apex||98|
|3||Apex Women's Trail Running - Running and Hiking Shoe||Apex||97|
|4||Apex Women's Breeze - Breathable Shoe||Apex||98|
|5||Apex Women's Reina - Running Shoe||Apex||97|
|6||Apex Women's Boss - Running Shoe||Apex||98|
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Apex® Shoes History
- What to Look for in a Running Shoe
- Features of a Good Apex® Women’s Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Apex® Women’s Shoes
- Index Table: Top Rated Apex® Women’s Shoes